THIS IS IT! I AM DONE WITH CLUBPLANET!

Just like Twilo...the mighty have once again fallen

- Pete

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

newsig.gif

Upcoming shows:

Leopard Lounge/Sin Sin (downstairs) this Sat the 23rd 10pm-4am Free!!! Pooh's gonna jump on for a bit too :)

Leopard Lounge/Sin Sin (downstairs) Sat July 14th 10pm-4am Free!!!

web site...Version 1.06

http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html

DJSchwinge@naked-edge.com

Dreaming, Dreaming about tomorrow.....you'll soon know what I mean

maybe clubplanet does this as part of a contract agreement with its advertisers, and not just to be petty about its members mentioning other message boards...try to look at the big picture, people...this is all a business and there's always a bottom line to consider.

clubplanet is the original message board that brought us all together, let's show a little gratitude. rules suck, but that's how our society functions.

Rachel,

Listen we never let a little competition get us down, and I will look into why Dave banned the posts. But come on, we have a business to run and you attitude surprises me. To say Fuck You to us after 5 years of trying to provide a great service, shows us such a lack of respect and appreciation. I mean telling us to fuck off just flat out insults me.

Trying to run a club website is not always easy. But please understand we are doing the best we can and never try and offend anyone..

Andrew

ANDREW... whats up bro... longtime not talk...

good to see your still alive and well.

Pete and Rach... nothing new huh?

------------------

parish...

-beat slacker mac-

AIM= thomaskm1/ Parish@clubplanet.com

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pac-Man

affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

Originally posted by andrew:

Rachel,

Listen we never let a little competition get us down, and I will look into why Dave banned the posts. But come on, we have a business to run and you attitude surprises me. To say Fuck You to us after 5 years of trying to provide a great service, shows us such a lack of respect and appreciation. I mean telling us to fuck off just flat out insults me.

Trying to run a club website is not always easy. But please understand we are doing the best we can and never try and offend anyone..

Andrew

That's because your too scared to let your competitors post on your site! Variety is what makes this world go round! cwm45.gif

We did block those links -- months and months ago. The reason being they were both promoting parties and their site ALL OVER our boards. We asked them to stop and they did not, so we blocked those words...problem solved.

Once again, this did not just happen. We have been doing it for awhile for the reasons mentioned above. If you're leaving for that, I'm sorry to see you go.

------------------

-DaVe

Originally posted by thomaskm1:

ANDREW... whats up bro... longtime not talk...

good to see your still alive and well.

Pete and Rach... nothing new huh?

AHHHHHHHHHHH Look who it is!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, I was SO going to make it to Leps the other night, but work kept me here till minnite and I had to stop at Cream, and just never was going to be alive to make it down there, hope things went well....you gotta email me ---below

As for leaving, I'm not going anywhere, just less on here for now.

Just adding a general statement to the admin's so I don't have to repost:

The mighty has fallen is not per se directed directly at CP...it's more that some of the ppl themselves have turned the board upside down...I will say though, CP has let it happen, but thats a fine line, you're gonna get pissed on by people if you moderate too much, and people will complain if there is no moderation....I do feel though the worst issues that caused people to leave were the constant downtime of the board, these people are addicts, as andrew said it's not always easy, but I have to say that this problem has been going on for way too long. You're a business and you know customers are the most demanding species in the world and will turn on you when there are options...I don't agree with Rachel saying Fuck You, a little dramatic (yes rachel?)

CP is the perfect example of club life in NYC...It was the first giant, grew in popularity, then the old skoolers got annoyed and moved on, so did some of their friends, and like following DJ's around they went to other boards, and stop in every now and again. CP isnt going anywhere (I hope) it's going through major growing pains of when people get used to something and things start to turn downhill for a bit...As for blocking other links, I agree and disagree in the same breath. Just like in clubs (that also ban flyers from being handed out to other parties) it is a business and you have to pay bills to keep this running, via advertisement, and we know the more people, the more views, the more $$$ to keep the site running so if they go elswhere less views...on the other hand everyone complains about the clubs that block flyers and wish all the clubs could be a community and share the wealth. I know there may have been some other issues involved with NCC (just to single out one), but that was back in the day. Just like Junior and Danny. Right now people are split between many other boards popping up left and right trying to do the same as you guys once did. It'll go through the motions, the same thing will happen on those boards too, and you probably learned a few things and will have something that will get the people back, OR just have a new breed of people coming in. And then it's going to happen all over again. Gotta love this business of clubbers smile.gif

- Pete

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

newsig.gif

Upcoming shows:

Leopard Lounge/Sin Sin (downstairs) this Sat the 23rd 10pm-4am Free!!! Pooh's gonna jump on for a bit too :)

web site...Version 1.06

Originally posted by shugabooga:

I'M STAYING! cwm5.gif

Yeah but you have a habit of leaving without saying goodbye to the dj tongue.gif

- Pete

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

newsig.gif

Upcoming shows:

web site...Version 1.06

Originally posted by deanna11:

doh! sometimes i leave without sucking off the dj

yeah you def need to work on that skill

------------------

------------------------

newsig.gif

Upcoming shows:

web site...Version 1.06

Seems reasonable to assume they will begin to delete posts and threads which offer <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> info aside from their own.

Why is it businesses push away their best consumers in pursuit of 'better business'?

Guys (Adam/ Dave/ et al), if you let us chat amongst ourselves we'll stay, we'll give you page-views, and we'll continue to encourage an influx of new peeps. If you restrain our chatter, we'll take it elsewhere... and peeps will follow the crowd.

I know you've both been to our dinner meetups. Think of it that way. Bar starts off devoid of people, 15 minutes later its shoulder-to-shoulder and the place is understaffed. Apple/Bombar caters to our needs... they get repeat business.

Just an FYI... I love CP, but I also want to communicate with the people i know, if they go, then what?

peace out.

e

------------------

I'm in search of myself. If you find me before I arrive, please have me wait.

AOL IM: petrol01

Originally posted by schwingep:

Yeah but you have a habit of leaving without saying goodbye to the dj tongue.gif

- Pete

cool.gif

ooopsh! i'll do better next time...but my friend was so tired her eyes were crossing and she was getting cranky so we got outta there before she fell asleep in public...something she excels at!