Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Glowsticks, In or Out

GLowsticks or no glowsticks  

72 members have voted

1. 1. GLowsticks or no glowsticks

• kewl
    • no kewl

I was that Area 1 show at the PNC and i was dancin with my free glowsticks. Suddenly some 40 year old guy comes up and starts talkin to me and tells me that glowsticks are soooo 5 years ago. Whats up with this. Isn't it all about having a good time.

when your above watching the party from a distance and you see 5000 people dancing, a lot of them with glowsticks thats ok

when your walking through the floor and somebody wacks you with a glowstick on a string then you gotta scream at them like a little kid and look like a tuffguy asshole in the party, thats not good.

towards the end of my rave career, kids were dancing with those flashlights they use in the airport to direct planes, (dunno if anyone knows what i'm talking about?) but that was proubably the funniest thing i ever saw i use to make stupid comments everytime i saw that

"YO! your directing the plane the wrong way, What The Fuck are you doing!"

they would look at me like i had 3 heads

they didn't know what the fuck i was talking about it was an inside joke

It made my friends laugh thats all that mattered.

Originally posted by gonzojournilist

when your above watching the party from a distance and you see 5000 people dancing, a lot of them with glowsticks thats ok

when your walking through the floor and somebody wacks you with a glowstick on a string then you gotta scream at them like a little kid and look like a tuffguy asshole in the party, thats not good.

towards the end of my rave career, kids were dancing with those flashlights they use in the airport to direct planes, (dunno if anyone knows what i'm talking about?) but that was proubably the funniest thing i ever saw i use to make stupid comments everytime i saw that

"towards the end of my rave career"

since when did using glowstick become a career?

the debate over glow sticks; is a never ending one. personally, I enjoy dancing with glow sticks, and/or microlights. it’s my belief, that people get to caught up; in the what’s in, or out mode. dancing with, our without props (glow sticks, microlights, etc.)”; is a means of expression. as I am impressed with good dance skills; someone who can dance with props similarly impresses me. the dance culture imo is about feeling, and expression. how one expresses themselves; should never be outdated.

peace, sobeton

It doesn't have to do so much with in or out as good or bad. If you have some dipstick out there on the floor who is either a) hitting everyone or tying himself up trying to string or B) flailing rather than actually doing something worthwhile with the glowsticks, then they're just not worth the time... but when you get those people out there who are really awesome with the glowsticks and can put on their own visual show, that's great. It all depends. And I agree, getting hit in the head by a stringer sucks. :afro: <---but if we all grow ourselves one of these bad boys i guess it wouldn't hurt anymore :D

Originally posted by gonzojournilist

I don't think it's cuz they didn't understand what you were saying, I think they just thought it was a really corny joke :blown:

Originally posted by mugwump

Do whatchawant!

Do the funky chicken with christmas lights wraped around your ass!

WHO CARES!!

It's all about having fun....It's all good

AS LONG AS YOU FEEL THE MUSIC!

:gas:

yup. i totally agree, who cares whats in/out, if you like something and it makes you feel good then do it (as long as its not hurting anyone). id rather see people having fun with glowsticks than sitting around doing nothing. its good to express what you feel and if you feel the music it can be a lot of fun to use them. ;)

although i also agree with the people who said that glowsticks on strings are annoying but i dont really care, i just dont go near people using them.

its also annoying when people want you to do glowsticks in their faces and when peole want to use your glowsticks... if im dancing with my glowsticks i personally want to be left alone!!!

people need to learn proper glowstick etiquette, hehe :blown:

people have their own opinions on things...if you don't like something thats your perogative. but keep it to yourself. don't diss on people because its their form of self expression. and secondly, (if your good) it takes a lot of skillz, so don't hate. (p.s. the poll sez their kewl)

nah i personally dont like them lite stixs...they r so played and old.... i used to use them like 8 yrs ago and then soon everyone started to do them... time to find a new fad... and i especially hate when they use them on the strings...they just keep doin the same moves and its takes so much space on the dance floor. another thing...the peeps who use them dont watch where they swing'em and start whippin peeps with'em... but this is my opinion...if u like it then do it...but just b careful where u whip those stixs...and i'll b careful where i walk;p