Clubplanet Nightlife Community

disappointment at SF

let me start by saying that i had great time at SF last night. i have not been there in a long time but the place didn't really change much. same walls, same polls, same type of people, same vibe, which wasn't right for christopher lawrence, in my opinion. i mean, most people didn't know who he was, and what's worse they didn't care. we came in at about 2, i walked straight to the dance floor, and looked up to see who was spinning. he probably stepped back at that monent and i coudn't see him through the dj booth window. so, i asked two girls who were dancing nearby, if it was already christopher lawrence spinning. they looked a little puzzled, the look basically said 'who?' but one of them smiled and said 'i don't know.' at first i was a little shocked, but then i thought that hey not everybody has to know him, some people are just having fun dancing. so i turn to my left and ask another girl, who said "who cares, who he is, as long as i like it." she was right, a lot of people didn't care.

ok, so some people didn't know him, big deal, right. what about the music itself? .... i can't say he was bad. he was good, he was the christopher lawrence as we know him, he had his unique style, but it was COMMERCIALIZED. i know he could have dropped some serious stuff, but he wasn't even trying to do it. it seemed that the whole set was planned to please the general crowd who just came to dance and not the music lovers.

i had great time dancing, chilling with my friends and just people around me, but the other part of me which came to hear christopher lawrence was dissapointed.

christopher lawrence, are you selling out? taking the oakenfold path?

Yeah the crowd is definetely the worst element of SF. The runner up has got to be the way the make use of their sound system. Don't get me wrong, it's a great system... but nobody respects it. All the DJs beat the crap out of it and crank it too much so the bass distorts. I didn't bother asking anyone who was spinning because I know from prior experience that they dont know and dont care. I recognized CL because I saw him spin a Unified back in Feb. It was a fun night, but not the CL that I was expecting. Too bad he changed his style for SF. See ya. :zzz2:

i've been at sf for the last 5 weeks and just when i said i was through w/ sf and going to go anymore, some1 convinced me to check it out 1 last time last night and it was just off the hook.

who cares if people knew the dj or not. it was my first time hearing him too. lawrence brought me back to sf...now it's an addiction.

Originally posted by kandyraver

well chris lawrence was spinning on the the third floor he didn't have the main floor the main floor was joe lodi so I guess you didn't know who was spinning either

Umm...that was such a dumb comment that I'm not even gonna start...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by kandyraver

well chris lawrence was spinning on the the third floor he didn't have the main floor the main floor was joe lodi so I guess you didn't know who was spinning either

riiiiiight.... lawrence, wasn't even there on fri, they didn't let him in 'cause he had a bad fake ID. so he just stood outside and sold glowsticks all night. selling glowsticks pays more than DJing on the third floor.