Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Avalon Specs-Sound syst, space size, bouncers

bang_66_

What this joint like? I heard that if too many people show up for PVD they are prepared to bring down the wall that separates them from the room in the bldg next door.

Is the sound system descent?- where you can hear people speak, or will ears ring several days after ?

Are bouncers offended by compensation if lines are too long and we feel like skippin 'em?

Well....

First off go to www.avalonboston.com for pics and such.

The sound system is off the hook. It's "avalon" series speakers made for the club, there's more info on the site but sound is nasty, and not just loud, clean too!

Get there early (when doors open) or you will be fucked! You might be able to bribe, I've never tried though.

peace,

:splat:

Yeah the new sound system is phat, and they have foam guns and some sort of a freeze spray coming from the ceilings that add to the enjoyment of the club. Some of the bouncers will take bribes, but be careful, some of them are assholes and will take the money and screw you.

The sound system isn't that new- it was installed when the club reopened (after the renovations) in Sept of 99. They recently made some adjustments with the speakers that's all. (JP blows at least one everytime he's here LOL)

The freon system is new though. And be on the lookout for some cool ass stuff on Saturdays starting in August with the new 'Superstar Saturdays.' It's gonna be DOPE :)

xoxo

Originally posted by sparkem00

The speaker system at Avalon is the same system that is at Centro Fly :)

kara

xoox

This is not necessarily a comfort, but that's only relative in terms of Twilo's Phazon (RIP). Sounds like no earplugs will be needed and PVD will blow the roof off and not the system. Can't wait! :)

Let me put it this way; if you venture onto the dance floor (something Kara and I never do! lol) near the boxes, the bass takes your breath away so it is difficult to breath. This has been my personal experience. :puke:

They have good lights and some crazy lazer shit they bust out towards the end of the night usually. It's pretty dope.

Anyone have an opinion on when pvd will go on? Most probably 11 or 12. They say they leave it up to the dj as to when they want to go on. When D-Fuse opened for Oakey from 9-12 the place was packed and already really hype and he almost stole the show (cuz he spun for three hours!).

That reminds me, who'z opening for PVD?? :confused:

Originally posted by djresident

That reminds me, who'z opening for PVD?? :confused:

As far as I'm concerned I hope no one opens up and PVD goes in right away.

If in fact it's up to PVD to decide when he wants to spin this is good, b/c he should know that a lot of his regular Twilo crowd will be there for him that night. Last time he accepted a challenge by Mirlyn to play a more Euro-oriented set for those of us who know his regular set well and we also got him to play extra hrs. Though he was short half-hour of when he said he would stop and finished it with "For an Angel."

First, next store is another club- CJ Bolland is spinning in there (Axis) that night- there's no wall to take down (although it would be nice) but you can walk back & forth between the two clubs (they're connected by a door.)

I assume either Ali or Debo will be opening for PVD :) Expect him on around midnight :)