Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubbing in the Dallas/Ft. Worth/Plano, TX area?

I'll be in the Dallas/Ft. Worth/Plano, TX area until September 2nd, and know absolutely NOBODY in the state. If any of you could recommend good places to club/rave or get more info, I'd really appreciate it. Feel free to reply or send me a PM...

~kitten >^.^<

try area 51 on saturday - i've never been there but it's supposed to be okay. There also seven, i went there a few times but never liked because of their ridiculous dress code that makes the place and the people very cheesy.

friday?? not sure.. there club one but i can not say i like either.

I live in dallas but i'm never there -- i'm going back today and i'll spend the w/e there, i'm not sure i'll go out... i'll probably stay at home to recover and get ready for next w/e in ny.

• 3 weeks later...

The only place to go that is still kickin' is area 51 and Club One in the Deep Ellum area. You can also try Club Clearview (the oldest club in the city) that still throws some good events. It's actually three clubs in one - clearview / blind lemon / art bar -and it has a lot of character. Also pass by the old Starck Club in the West End area - i'm not sure what the club is called now - but they have techno parties from time to time (it's the uber-80's club where ecstacy started - was owned by grace jones and has a leather dance-floor) - don't know the address but everyone will know it.

That's your best bet - cruise greenville avenue / hit deep ellum and stay away from the west end (except for the club mentioned) it's mostly county-western bars and karaoke.

If you want a sweet-ass restaurant - hit ANZU in Oaklawn on McKinney Ave or Sushi on McKinney - Dallas does has some hidden jewels.

enough said....