Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PROmoTeR'S LINe aT EXiT

fucked up how they keep dicking me over when i'm early to get on the promoter's line at exit and when i get there the person says no more comp tickets when i see a whole shit load in his hands or in his pockets.... whats up with that? i bring in a whole shit load of people every week and this is how they repay me....shit!!!

so y dont u tell them dat...my friend got dat bullcrap from them and he was like screw dat...dats how they treat the promoters...and just threw his promoters card at the doorman's face... da way i c it...exit treat their promoters like crap. some promotors bring in heads and still dont get paid... and some promoters can't even get in 2 the club... wat to do...wat to do....

yeah, they usually say i have half of what i usually bring in. Like, i brought in 12 people and they said i only had 6. I know all 12 used my guestlist b/c they were really close friends of mine.

is there any way to prevent that???

god, that pisses me off, who decides who to rip off? ::b/c some of my other friends who promote dont get ripped off at all::

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:mad: :mad:

This is all so true. I haven't promoted for Exit but big clubs in general never play fair. The only time they're not fucking you over is when you have clout. If you're pulling in 100+ people a week, then they'll treat u like you're human.

You need to link up with some bigger promoters u trust and they can probably get you more.

All i can say is people are bitching about their guest lists and how they brought in 12 people, thats a fucking joke right? Big deal do you think they give a shit about your measly 12 people?

Seriously, get a real job.

If you want to really be a promoter get outa the guestlist buiz cuz that isnt where the money is. They will always dick you over on returns. My manager is a REAL promoter and its not about guestlists its about getting a contract with a club, getting about 2000 flyers a week, for a party, getting a BUDGET from the club, and then having an actual crew of "flyer handerouters" that you pay to hit the streets and hand out flyers. My manager's production company has various accounts from clubs, to raves, but if they dick around with him on pay he drops them and then guess what there is no one handin out the flyers... thats what hits a club where it hurts... Face it as long as people know there is a party going on they will go even if there is no guestlist, but if the promoters toss the flyers in the trash bye bye the party has no promotion, and no one shows.

Originally posted by ClubKid77

All i can say is people are bitching about their guest lists and how they brought in 12 people, thats a fucking joke right? Big deal do you think they give a shit about your measly 12 people?

Seriously, get a real job.

i brought in 20 people at the door and then 10 others used my guestlist...and they only said i had 8. grrrrrrr. pisses me off.

exit, just always rips you off, no matter how many you bring in.

and as for the get a real job part: i do have a real job. this guestlist/promo is shit, i do it cause i want to get in for free, not b/c of $$. then if i happen to make a little on the side, thats always a +. but you can't say that if you waited online to get some $$ and they say you didn't bring in people, that it doesnt piss you off? come on now.

:rolleyes::D

Originally posted by clubbingirl

as for the get a real job part: i do have a real job. this guestlist/promo is shit, i do it cause i want to get in for free, not b/c of $$. D [/quote

Umm yeah thats exactly why they screw guestlist people cuz they all "do it to get in free" My friend does this for a living. He has a company, a registered tax id. CONTRACTS with the clubs or Party production. people who work for him handing out flyeres, and a BUDGET through those contracts. Like when he was doing limelight he had maybe 800$ a week from them. And so on and so forth. Go read my post again if you want to understant why they dick guestlists and how to make money promoting. Oh and he walks in free to all the clubs too. He points to me at vinyl and i get reduced withought any "guestlist" 12$ to get in not bad. Woudl be nice to get in free but hey not a perfect world.

You talk about #'s 20 people 30 people whatever those are so insignificant! 100$ is insignificant to a place that gets 4000. The people will go there with or withought a guestlist hell them having to give them reduced costs them money so why should they pay you more? Look at it from their perspective. The only "Real promoters" are the guys who give you party flyers when your leaving.

You talk about #'s 20 people 30 people whatever those are so insignificant! 100$ is insignificant to a place that gets 4000. The people will go there with or withought a guestlist hell them having to give them reduced costs them money so why should they pay you more? Look at it from their perspective. The only "Real promoters" are the guys who give you party flyers when your leaving.

i dont even know what we are arguing about?:rolleyes: are you telling me not to waste my time with promoting b/c I DONT have my own business that promotes?

whatever. all i'm saying is that AT EXIT, 30 people is alot. And it just sucks that they jip you. i'm not asking for MORE $$, just to be fair.

p.s. people dont even look at those flyers.

Originally posted by geo99

BUT MY MANAGER FRIEND THIS AND THAT

AND MY FRIEND DOES THIS AND THAT

I GET REDUCED CUZ HE POINT AT ME

MY FRIEND IS A REAL PROMOTER

BLAH BLAH MY FRIEND

:knife:

STFU

Well dont complain about not gettin payed. He is pulling a couple grand a week from about 6 acounts. Must be doing something right. Also gets me booked at upcoming raves... guess hes people who know people.

Well dont complain about not gettin payed. He is pulling a couple grand a week from about 6 acounts. Must be doing something right. Also gets me booked at upcoming raves... guess hes people who know people.

yo promotin is like AMWAY....u know the company dat works like a family tree....the guy on top of the tree is the one who gets paid...the peeps on the bottom gets shit...BUT if u start ur own chain and get a few suckaz to run ur shit...u too can get paid...dats how da whole shit works...:D

IF ANY OF U ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING AT UPSCALE CLUBS, INSTEAD OF GETTING DICKED OVER AT EXIT, EMAIL ME AT MARIOPE@AOL.COM FOR MORE INFO. IVE BEEN AROUND THE BUSINESS FOR AWHILE & HATE SEEING NEWJACKS GETTING WORKED OVER BY EVIL CLUB-OWNERS & CROOKED PROMOTERS(WHO DON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO STAND UP FOR THEY BELIEVE IN) . I DON'T OFFER $10/HEAD LIKE EXIT.. BUT ITS NOT LIKE THEY REALLY PAY ANYONE THAT ANYWAYS... BUT I DO OFFER $7/HEAD FOR ALL MY PARTIES OFF OF A $15 REDUCED LIST. I EVEN OFFER SALARIES & PRINT UP BUSINESS CARDS FOR MY PRODUCTIVE PROMOTERS. WORRIED ABOUT GETTING FUCKED OVER WITH YOUR NUMBERS? NO SWEAT.... HANG OUT WITH MY DOORMEN AS THEY CHECK OFF PEOPLE ON YOUR LIST ALL NIGHT... IF SEEING IS BELIEVING.... THEN IGNORE THIS POST FOR NOW, & BELIEVE ME WHEN U SEE MONEY IN YOUR HANDS. AGAIN, SEND ME AN EMAIL AT MARIOPE@AOL.COM. LATERZ

Originally posted by lokey

yo promotin is like AMWAY....u know the company dat works like a family tree....the guy on top of the tree is the one who gets paid...the peeps on the bottom gets shit...BUT if u start ur own chain and get a few suckaz to run ur shit...u too can get paid...dats how da whole shit works...:D

Actualy the guys who work for my manager are paid 10$ an hour to hand out flyers. They are sent each night to a location and distribute for a set amount of time, he also has people who check on them randomly makin sure they are there... They wouldnt work for him if they werent gettin payed, he is runnin a reputable company thats why he has accounts.

Actualy the guys who work for my manager are paid 10$ an hour to hand out flyers. They are sent each night to a location and distribute for a set amount of time, he also has people who check on them randomly makin sure they are there... They wouldnt work for him if they werent gettin payed, he is runnin a reputable company thats why he has accounts.

rite...but i'm talkin about exit...yeh ur manager gets paid a large sum of $$$ but the peeps who work under him gets squat...for example...i know a head promoter at exit and he gets a salary from the club to find peeps to promote...so those heads dat work under the head promoter gets paid by gettin certain amt. of heads into exit...now those promoters get paid but get jerked SOMETIMES cuz they aint gettin the amt. they truly brought into the club....but no matter wat the head promoter gets his $$$ cuz he gets a salary from the club.

now like i siad in order for u to get actually paid big $$$ u gotta find heads dat will work under u, just like a head promoter...but just b happy dat IF u get into the club for free and get some kinda cash...just c it as this way...ur savin $ for not payin to get in...and dat where u gonna make some extra side cash...although some big head promoters make it a career...but promotin is hard to make a livin and a career outta it... so it's quick $ now...but stay in school and get ur edjamacation:D

Exit promoters do nothing but complain about how they get dicked over. Post after Post, Exit's promoters dont know what the party is for the upcoming Friday, or my list got cut, or I got dicked at payout. Blah blah blah. So dont work their anymore. I had a team at Exit for a month, never got paid. My comps were never their, so I left. I went to Sound Factory, and I have been paid accuratley every single week. Complaining on this board over and over again is going to do nothing to help your situation. Instead of whining about it, just leave and go to another club. Exit is def. phat, I always had a great time, but there are plenty of other places to promote

Launch is right on the money....

If you're getting fucked over at payout, promote at a different club, its that simple. And guess what? You can still visit Exit (if you like it so much), even if you're promoting another club. It's not like you're losing your entry privileges. You'll just have to pay to get in....but most of Exit promoters have to do that ANYWAY since the comps are shit. :eek:

Yo launch, who do you work for, Jeff or Alex?

Oh and ClubKid...reading about your promoter friend is interesting n all but...the guestlist promoters are in it for quick cash/comps, who the fuck is gonna start their own COMPANY for christ's sake?

Think realisticly bro, 99% of the little promoters have a day job too, it's not like we promote to support ourselves. Very few people actually promote for a living because of the effort/ connections that requires...your friend does and he seems well off. Good for him.

I work for Jeff, who do you work for? You are right about the guestlist promoters, I have a day job too. If all I did was promote, Id be brok as fuck. Id have to bring 100 people every week just to match the money Im making now. Drop me a line before friday and well meetup at SF.