Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who saw planet of the apes this weekend?

Originally posted by jonathanny

MOVIE absolutely SUCKED... the story was ridiculous.. and the Endin was just soooo stupid..

one of the worst movie's i have ever seen..........................

:(

Not worse than The Astronaut's Wife, Lost In Space, or Godzilla...and did I mention Event Horizon? Did I miss any other terrible sci-fi flics?

Tell me about it! Towards the end of the movie, I almost walked out of the theatre coz I couldn't stand all the grunting and huffing, chest beating and idiotic, uncalled for violence in this movie. The "surprise" part of the movie wasn't exactly so surprising nor was the ending any good at all. AND THEY'RE thinking of making a sequel?! :knife:

Ok, so Tim Burton had an interesting vision (as usual) and Tim Roth was pretty decent, and yes, Estella Warren is hot as shit...

But,

could there be a worse, less logical story? why did they need to change it so much? why was that shit rotating around saturn? how quickly could apes mutate like that? what the fuck is up with the ending? could the marching apes looked more wizard of oz like?

and how the hell doesn't Estella get buzy with anyone?

i don't expect much from summer movies, but this was truly bad....

oh well, at least charlton got that cameo...

i guess alot of peeps didn't like it...i thought it was aite...not dat sucky...seen worse... as for marky mark...his actin suxs period so i wasn't expectin much...but as the apes...i thought they did better actin...come on actin like apes aint easy...but then again gruntin aint dat hard... but the endin was whack...so predictable... but i give it like about 3 stars... i tried not to compare it to the orginal and just saw it as a revision...but i think tim burtin is a good director...alittle weird...but good...where da hell r u gonna find a director who will take on these weird and risky films....

I saw it last night. I kinda liked it, the story was interesting and it was entertaining.;) But i really hate monkeys now after seeing that movie. I think they are fuckin grosss and mean. I think i might go to the bronx zoo today after work and throw rocks and the apes and monkeys. LOL :laugh: na not really but i just don;t like monkeys anymore. Iknow i know its just hollywood, but i don't care. And you guys are right the end was really bad.

:gang: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey::biggun:

Bad monkeys

Originally posted by brooklynkid

Not worse than The Astronaut's Wife, Lost In Space, or Godzilla...and did I mention Event Horizon? Did I miss any other terrible sci-fi flics?

Whatchya talking about? Even horizon was one of the most twisted sci-fi flicks I've seen.

if i can just - [cringe] - concentrate hard enough - [cringe]

[twitch] - i think i can ... yes ... squash the part

of my brain - ouch! - that is trying to deny - yes! - that

i saw it...

that is, i Think i saw it.

too much brain damage to answer for sure.

Saw it on Friday night at like 12:45. The theater was PACKED. I actually liked the film. Of course i was smoked out and bumped up at the time. Barely could walk into the theater. I kinda went to the Planet of the Apes physically. I was surrounded by monkees and shit. Estella Warren and me made out for a while (shhh...don't tell Markey Mark...He might send his Funky bunch after me) Very cool experience..i would highly recommend that setting for the whole family. Don't forget to bump up mom and dad!

I rented all of the Planet series recently just to get reminded about the story line. i found that this rendition of the story was just as good. The makeup was superb, the story was interesting (I don't want to hear about how unrealistic it is...it's a goddman sci fi movie for christ sake!), Estella was fine (coulda used more sex with her though), interesting reuse of Charlton Heston, the ending was original (they obviously couldn't use the ending of the original movie.... It's supposed to shock you, remember), and I'd definitely buy the DVD to rewatch when it comes out.

So my advice.. If you are planning to see this movie (or any movie for that matter), do what this crackhead does... Shmoke out and bump up!!! It makes any 3 star movie into a 5 star movie!

Evan