Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Most fun lounge in NYC?

I'll just name the places I've been and not the places I've heard of:

Leopard Lounge- 5th street and 2nd avenue. It's upstairs from Sin Sin. No cover and fun Thursday, Friday and Saturday parties. Lots of regulars and cheap drinks- and of course, 'The Naughty Booth'

The Opium Den- 3rd street between 2nd ave and bowery. I've only been there on Thursdays for Divine (who happens to rock!!) and always have the best time. No cover- medium priced drinks. I'll be there this Thursday, as usual.

Street- Ave B (I think) between 2nd street and 3rd street. I've only been there a few times. It's pretty cool and there is a downstairs, although I"ve never been downstairs. It's not as inviting as the other two but I still like it.

Parlay- Avenue A between 12th street and 13th street. I've been there for my friends monthly party which is coming up this Tuesday. I might stop by to say hi. So if anyone else is intreseted in stopping in, send me a PM. It's not the same kind of music- but a good time is always had. I guess I'd classify the music that's there as kinda garage, kinda house.

Well, I've given you a few options- let me know what happens.

SK13

ORchard Bar is cool.....decent drink prices, good music, good vibe...(try the Fruition Saturday party)

Opium Den is cool, esp. thursdays

Leopard Lounge is nice...

(SK13 covered those 2)

next Tuesday the Plant Bar will have another Phuture Soul Sessions party.....its the 2nd edition, but the first was a great success so check it out...(free, good beats, good drinks)The PLant bar is really a great spot.....perfect for a midweek night out.....

(BTW I'll be spinning that night.....august 7th)

Filter 14 if you wanna listen to great DJs and dance your ass off.

Opium Den if you are a fan of Pooh and Divine.

Leopard Lounge where a lot of boar people hang out.

Liquids for decent local DJs.

Fun is one of the largest and coolest lounges with good music every once in a while.

Tiki Room for a good B&T pick-up scene.

I would highly recommend Leopard Lounge, OPium Den, and Recess. Just check the schedule or call before you go. Last thursday I went to Leopard Lounge and it was a private party, the DJ was spinning hip-hop and rap. Not what I was looking for. Have fun!

• 2 months later...

Tried leopard lounge -- that back booth IS naughty! And crowded. Good music and crowd.

Current Fav place is Underbar on 17th near Park. Really nice staff and curtained booths for PRIVACY!

Liquids not my favorite....oh well.

Thanks again.