Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DrUGs? To do or NOT to do...

... that is the question... What's everyone's opinion on doing drugs at clubs? Does it enhance your experience? Ruin your night? Is it something you cannot go to the club without doing or something you stay away from and shun those who do?

Originally posted by bugoutgirl

... that is the question... What's everyone's opinion on doing drugs at clubs? Does it enhance your experience? Ruin your night? Is it something you cannot go to the club without doing or something you stay away from and shun those who do?

bon question...

i personally don't feel the 'need' to do any kind of mind altering substance when i'm in a club, but i usually end up doing something...the only people i have a problem with doing drugs in clubs are those dudes deep in some k-hole or all g-ed up...those g-ed up fuckers have no control...

anyways, i guess i would say i roll regularly when i go out, but i try to keep it to about once a month...i've found that i can have just as much fun with with a couple drinks and feel a lot better the next morning...

back to your question...rollin' definitely enhances the experience as long as i stay away from alcohol 'cuz then i won't remember a thing... :D

i pretty much agree w/ superfli - it's a great enhancer that i personally much prefer than alcohol, but i think you should keep it down to once a month or so. plus, to be honest, it's almost a waste to do it around here, b/c most of the DC clubs aren't really tailored to that, ie don't have the crazy lasers, lights, kyrogenics, etc etc, that, say for example, TWILO had. :(:(:(

Originally posted by millele

i pretty much agree w/ superfli - it's a great enhancer that i personally much prefer than alcohol, but i think you should keep it down to once a month or so. plus, to be honest, it's almost a waste to do it around here, b/c most of the DC clubs aren't really tailored to that, ie don't have the crazy lasers, lights, kyrogenics, etc etc, that, say for example, TWILO had. :(:(:(

yeah, it is almost a waste here...buzz needs to get some crazy lasers or something along those lines...i still love it when they lower the disco ball tho, that thing is monstrous... :D

i've only seen them lower the disco ball once - it was at the end of the night of deep dish/danny howells - it was ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING THINGS EVER. we did a little "tribal dance" around the thing - it was amazing amazing amazing. something i'll remember forever... :):):)

ps i read in 1 of buzz's emails that they're breaking out the kyrogenics for an upcoming party, i can't remember which one. YAY!!!!!!! twilo was the only other place that i've been to that had kyrogenics.... :):):):)

they've lowered the ball a couple times that i've been there including the dh/dd night...i think they did it for pete tong back on a mango night...

that'd be sweet if buzz busted out some kryo...i'm seeing pvd up in boston on the 10th and i heard the avalon up there has a kryogenic system, should be insane :D

The drug topic is a very complex one. I feel that i have a very good perspective on this subject because i started doing drugs myself at 14 and just stopped one year ago at age 25. Back then i was brainwashed like everybody else. The say no to drugs campaign brainwashes everyone. I would judge and shun those who did drugs. But i soon started hanging out with kids that did drugs. I didn't do any with them but it did give me exposure. I started asking questions about the effects of this or that drug. After about 6 months my views had changed and i decided i wanted to try something. Now 12 years later, i do not regret any of the decisions i have made. I have been a hard core partier for most of my life. Luckily, i didn't get "burnt" like alot of people i know have. I guess i was so smart that i had enough cells to kill off. Although i do feel some after effects from all the partying, i will ever regret any of the experiences that i put myself through because with out those experiences i would not be the person i am today and i really,really like myself! You should never shun ANYONE for any choices that they may make in their lives. This is very immature. Everyone has to go through their own individual trials and tribulations for their own spiritual growth. As do you. And how would you feel if people shunned you because of choices YOU made in your life? Not very good right? I have had some amazing experiences on certain drugs like acid or X. I wouldn't trade those experiences for ANYTHING. But i am growing up now and my priorities have changed. Forming bonds with family members and focusing on my career are tops on my priority list now. Not just getting messed up at every possible moment. I think drugs are very useful in that they help open up people minds that were once closed. ANd to see life and people in a new incredible light. I think everyone should experiment but never forget where your responsibilities lie. This is when you start to get into trouble. Luckily, i never forgot what was important. If you would like to discuss this any further email me .....cidalrain@yahoo.com

I was going to avoid this thread b/c I don't know yet where I stand on this issue. . .but after reading univrslvision's post, I just have one question for all: Where do you draw the line?

It sounds like you've been partying for a hella loooonng time, and I wondered what it'd be like if I kept this "lifestyle" for 15-20 more years. . .

My question, I guess, is meant to address all facets of this clubbing "lifestyle". What drugs do you keep off limits? How do you decide which are off limits? What about frequency? And just the general habit of going out 4 nights a week, into the early hours the next afternoon, etc.

I was always against any drug, as an artist, not wanting any chemical/artificial/extraneous substances to "pollute" any natural creativity. I disliked the work of Dali and most surrealists knowing their work was, a lot of the time, LSD inspired. But a teacher (yeah a teacher) began to convince me w/ the argument: why do these drugs exist? Just as god gave human beings the ability to create art, guns, television, and medicine for whatever purposes, drugs were "given" to us for several debatable purposes. Basically, she was telling me to take advantage of whatever's out there to experience. This didn't lead me to some deep experimental phase or anything like that, but it opened my mind up on the issue of drug use. A year later, a friend took me to my first rave (ahh Jubilations, not exactly old skool, but it was still one of those map and checkpoint parties) and the rest is history. . .

• 2 weeks later...

scrathapella mentioned something about where to draw the line...

there was a time i was rolling twice a week on a regular basis, but i think that's a phase a lot of people go through when they first discover it...during that time, i noticed i was a little sluggish, especially monday and tuesday, from all the partying and that made me cut back a bit...the last time i got all geeked was probably about a month ago...

i prefer to draw the line on drugs where it starts to interfere with any aspect of my life, whether school or social...

but then again, my b-day is coming up and who knows how many chemicals are gonna be released on my body that night...

:D

Personally, I've never rolled, never taken any drugs. I just drink, and moderately at that. Here in NY I find that the drugs are waaaaaay more prevalent that in DC and I have had many people try really hard to change my mind. There are two, I guess three things that keep me away. 1) My parents are sooooo adamant about staying away from drugs, and I know they feel that way 'cause they worry about me a lot spending so much time at the clubs, and I really don't want to let them down like that 2) How lame would it be if I tried it and became that statistic that didn't handle the drug and died from it? Yeah that's real cool. Tons of fun I'm sure and 3) This may sound stupid but I'm afraid if I go for this "enhanced" experience that life as normal just won't be as interesting and I'll be really unimpressed with everything I do. And that would suck 'cause I feel that my life is positively excellent as it is and I think my experiences are quite vivid enough. As for judging people, that's not my place, but I do worry terribly about my friends who take drugs. I watched my friend and some others take cocaine on Friday and I just spent the whole night worried about him. I'd just hate to see something go wrong. But to each his own i guess