Clubplanet Nightlife Community

opinions, reviews on Yoshi 2?

patrickl

All I can say is this double CD is tremendous - so far it's running neck and neck with Renaissance Desire for my prestigious Compilation of the Year award ;) Seriously, this is really doing it for me. My question is, why is it that when I've seen Deep Dish, they haven't played like this? Why do they seem to eschew this lush, soulful sound when they play out live.....in favor of the nonstop harsh pounding no-melody beats I get sick of within 20 minutes? I don't get it.....I don't think I'm the only one with this complaint either.

I want to hear THIS Deep Dish play live......that would certainly be something.

Although I do enjoy Yoshi 2, particularly the East Coast CD, I would have to come to the conclusion that their mindset when putting it together was that it would probably be more appreciated while driving in your car or doing some biking. I totally agree that the CD does not entirely represent their "Live" style of spinning. But I actually enjoy them live much better than any CD they have ever put out. Even though they did play about 50% of the stuff on Yoshi 2 at Space when they were there for WMC 2001 (early in their set) mostly the stuff that till today has not been released on Vinyl. There is also a 4 pack Vinyl version of Yoshi 2 and it does not contain any of the unreleased stuff that was on the CD. They like to keep us on our toes.

But their is 1 CD that till today is my all time favorite Deep Dish CD and I highly recommend it. It was put out in 96 and it was called DJ's take control vol 3. It's a double CD, one mixed by Sharam the other by Dubfire, a wicked, wicked compilation. Check it out, you'll thank me later.

Peace

:)

westcoast gets my vote. good ol house music at its best... im over dusted with voices layered over it. it's nice to hear it the first few times but the track is too long. if i hear that innocent track one more time, im going to puke. i can tell this mix was geared towards all the prog heads.

my favorite DD cd is their first one on tribal america "penetrate deeper" remember that one folks? way back in 95

they were ahead of their time with that one. you can still play that shit today. absolutely timeless...

Originally posted by Nolimit

westcoast gets my vote. good ol house music at its best... im over dusted with voices layered over it. it's nice to hear it the first few times but the track is too long. if i hear that innocent track one more time, im going to puke. i can tell this mix was geared towards all the prog heads.

I favor the Westcoast CD too, though the Eastcoast one still seems a little lighter and less "pounding" than I've heard from them in the club.

Originally posted by aztec-mystic

Although I do enjoy Yoshi 2, particularly the East Coast CD, I would have to come to the conclusion that their mindset when putting it together was that it would probably be more appreciated while driving in your car or doing some biking. I totally agree that the CD does not entirely represent their "Live" style of spinning. But I actually enjoy them live much better than any CD they have ever put out. Even though they did play about 50% of the stuff on Yoshi 2 at Space when they were there for WMC 2001 (early in their set) mostly the stuff that till today has not been released on Vinyl.

But their is 1 CD that till today is my all time favorite Deep Dish CD and I highly recommend it. It was put out in 96 and it was called DJ's take control vol 3. It's a double CD, one mixed by Sharam the other by Dubfire, a wicked, wicked compilation. Check it out, you'll thank me later.

Peace

:)

I'd heard about that WMC set, that was probably the Deep Dish I'm interested in hearing. I missed it. Oh well. Is that comp you are talking about still available in stores?

as far as deep dish live - its impossible for them to recreate what they do on disk - live. i read an interview of them recently that said they had +150 reedits of the tracks in the studio for yoshi 2! deep dish is untouchable. (but whats up with the N'sync remix - not so nicely!)