Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Dan in NYC?

Originally posted by arthropod

Cento-fly is ok, but It always seems like the club is made more for people who like to spend money and look good than for real fans of dance music. Maybe Dan can whip all the trendies into shape!

i totally agree with you. centro has a cool looking atmosphere but the vibe is lacking.

You know, all they would have to do at Centro Fly is install some real 18 inch bins and the place would be really thumpin'. I caught Dan there, as well as Timo and Max Grahm. I love them all, but I have to say that Dan sounded the best, if only because his sound suited the venue more. Timo and Max were much better at Twilo. Anything trancy falls flat unless it's in a big club with big sound.

i'd mostly agree to the point about dj dan's tech-house sound fitting centro well. i would also point to a set by the chemical bros. back in december at centro that still rates as one of my top three of all time. however, timo's set in june just didn't matter. it transcended any influence a particular venue could possibly place on a style. the entire dance floor was hypnotized. i've never seen centro.fly in such perfect pulsating rhythm.

Here's the question: Did his set transcend the fact that there are no proper bass bins in Cento-Fly? I was there too, and the one thing I kept noticing was that the room just didn't give that boom at the end of a build up to make you really shake. I don't mean to cry, I really just got to used to Twilo. Any way if you caught Timo there you would have to agree with me.

Not to disrespect, but did you really think Timo Maas' mixing was all that tight? It seemed a little choppy to me. Personally I am not that impressed by him as a DJ. His older production used to slam--his newer stuff I think is not as good.