Clubplanet Nightlife Community

key west

patrickl

I know I posted about this once before a long time ago, but I wanted to post about it again. I was in Key West last weekend, and I spent my Friday & Saturday nights at club Wax, the *only* place to hear decent music on that island. Unless of course honkytonk Southern rock/blues or power 96 booty music is your thing, in which case I'd point you toward Rumrunners or Rick's, respectively.

Anyway, they play house........and strangely enough it's a really good time, it's a cool little club. I strongly advise you to check it out if you find yourself in KW, as I so often do. It usually starts getting going at 12:30-1AM - I usually head over there at around 11PM, get my hand stamped so I don't have to pay the little cover charge later, walk up and down Duval and have a drink, and then go back to Wax. The resident DJ Stuart is certainly no Little Louie Vega or Deep Dish as far as his mixing skills, but the tunes aren't bad at all. It's so laid back......NO attitude from the chick at the door, and best of all no f**king dress code! Even though the DJ is no John Digweed, I can honestly say I have a better time at Wax than I've ever had in Miami clubs. I was dancing my ass off in a Nike tanktop, banana republic shorts and freaking sandals. I'd NEVER get away with that here - it just feels so much more comfortable and freeing. I cannot stand dancing here in long pants and dress shoes; I don't know if I can ever go back to doing that again.

Originally posted by shroomy

Thanks its always good to know about cool places. Now I have a place to dance durring Fantasy Fest :)

Wonder what the dress code will be then:confused:

Hell yeah - damn that place will be going wild. I actually think I will be down there for FF this year. Preliminary costume.......hmmm I think I will go as a candy raver/Gatecrasher kid!

Mark Grant (OHM) spun there a few sunday's ago.

had a blast there - very sweet li'l hole in the wall - good drinks good attitude - decent music.

It's not the bangin' standard prog fare - but sweet HOUSE music

Bonnie, you were there? Cool - yeah whenever I've been there it's been straight-up house. Never heard anyone spin there except the resident DJ though. I was there a couple weekends ago.......makes me wonder if you were there too, but I would have seen you if you were there at the same time.......such a small place and all.