Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Darren Emerson cancelled @ Crobar August 31st

digital7

much to my disappointment, today I found out Darren Emerson has been cancelled for his Crobar date of 8/31. I do not know specific's as to why the cancellation but Crobar has booked Pete Tong to replace him on that date. at any rate, the weekend is still outstanding with Pete Tong and Danny Tenaglia at the helm ...

Pete Tong's sets over here are usually waaaay different than the Essential Mixes.

I'll be @ crobar then sleep then off to Space for DT.

And Lee's not as bad as people make him out to be (yeah i'm biased, him and his wife are friends of mine..)

lol!

tong can't mix for shit. you'll see what i am talking about.

the last time I heard him was at twilo a few months back and i've never heard such lousy mixing on that sound system. i'd be in a middle of a conversation with someone and we'd look at each other and say "did u just hear that??"

it was bad man... respect for what he has done with dance music but after all these years of dj'ing, i would hope he would know how to atleast BEATMATCH.

you've been warned.

DJ Three is awesome. He spins good, deep house. Let us know how well he spun when you get back. Here's a pic of DJ Three with our friends(he's second from left, I'm first from right....picture taken at Blood on the Turntables Hallucination Recordings party July 13th, 2001):

LOL! chris looks a little mashed up in that pic.

he's one of the best dj's in the world in my opinion. i wish he'd get booked more often in miami. last time i saw him, was at his birthday bash earlier this year. tons of fun. great after party too.

i'd have to agree with you on that james. it IS a shame that he doesn't get booked in miami. i tried to catch him during the conference, but he wasn't spinning at any of the parties i went to. was supposed to be at the pancake throwdown, but wasn't. back when the edge was going on he visted frequently. but other than that, the only places i've seen him in florida is in orlando or lamesville. oh yeah..and tampa of course. but i don't frequent that area all that often. there are SO many great dj's that miami never books. it's a shame cause they end up everywhere else but here.

According to Mr. Three the club promoters in Miami always give him the runaround... I spoke to him in May at Twilo and he said he really wants to play here but isn't given a gig, hey kinda like mr. Lee Burridge...whatdya know? I have yet to catch a set of the man but am sure interested in seeing him soon.

Oi Phatbloke, where is this Orlando gig? You sure you're gonna have enuf energy driving to and fro f/ Mutha?

Anyhow, keep us posted on future Miami dates. please :)

chris told me a few days ago that he's been aproched a few times about residencies down here, but they never seem to bear fruit. but he's got hopes of something turning up in the near future... stay tuned.

he also told me he's got a bunch of remixes he's working on and some that are coming out very soon. including a re-release of his three a.m. mix of RITM floor.i.d.a. i'll see if it's ok to post all the other details.

We need some Hallucination vibes in this town. Hopefully Three will get a residency somewhere here. I'd like to see Monk in town sometime soon as well. He hasn't been here in a while. I think the last time was at conference for the Rabbit show at Level.