Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DT interview

loraine

good stuff loraine, excellent link .. I found this awesome

DJ Times: Does that affect what you do at all? Is there any sense that it will go away, at least in New York?

Tenaglia: I don’t think it will ever end fully. For me, what I do musically, I’ve always considered underground. I think there will always be a place for me. It may not be a mega-nightclub. But I’ll take my party to Jackie 60 and play for 50 people, and be just as happy.

vinyl is alright at best. the place is a rat hole. no alcohol and as of late, the crowd has been full of guido. the regulars don't come as much anymore.

i passed by there friday night and only stayed for about an hour. sorry, i don't mind a little sweat but when you're not even dancing and sweet beads are running down the side of your face, something is wrong. the owners of vinyl make their money and NEVER put anything back into the club. the same fan in the corner has been broken for the 2 years that i've been up here. that's sad man...

Originally posted by digital7

Tenaglia: I don’t think it will ever end fully. For me, what I do musically, I’ve always considered underground. I think there will always be a place for me. It may not be a mega-nightclub. But I’ll take my party to Jackie 60 and play for 50 people, and be just as happy.

I used to fucking love going to Jackie 60. (The guys on the micrphones always killed me!)

TENAGLIA: "I think if we take a song – let’s take “Plasmids,” by Tata Box Inhibitors, alright? Who the heck knows that? It came out years ago on a great label, Touché, I love all their stuff. Imagine that stuff being played on the radio. Now, Oscar G just did a remix of “Plasmids,” and soon as I put it on the place goes nuts, with that whole punchy tribal thumpin’ sound. A lot of people don’t know what it is yet, but they respond to it as this Danny, tribal-esque, Vinyl-type-sounding record. "

Oscar, you da man......