Clubplanet Nightlife Community

germany v nyc?

yo my friend went to germany and hes been hittin up mad clubs over there, when he came back he wouldnt stop breakin on the clubs in ny..are german clubs that better than nyc? personally i thought no club could be better than twilo....but help me out...this kid wont shut the hell up about german nitelife and how "superior" it is to nyc!!

Hey I have just arrived from Germany, but I have to find out how NY clubs are. Tell you after I partied here for a couple of weekends.

Well just thinking of it. Its probably not gonna be that much fun. I want to stop doing drugs over here. At east the ones I have to pay for. Give me free drugs please. Otherwise I will be going on how bad clubs are around here. ;)

I haven't even smoked pot since Thursday.

Oh my god I am seeing white mice everywhere! :(

i'd love to party it up in Europe...my frined who lives there was telling me about off the hook raves they throw in these castles and ancient Roman baths that still have water knee deep in them...that sounds fun...early in the nite...but later, there gonna be all kinds of ill bodily fluid in that water...

Originally posted by draper66

castles?? thats pretty hot!! aint no castles around nyc, thats for sure...closest thing would probably be limelight w/ the whole church setting....

there is actually a castle in NYC, its on 116 St and 3rd ave, and they used to throw parties there, called "castle..." and some other shit, was pretty cool

I know what he was talking about with the castles. Just been looking up the webpages. Unfortunately its only in German and no pictures of the events from last year. But for those who want to check it out:

www.soma-festival.de => its this festival with every kind of music at this reat location near cologne. Its a water castle. I have had the festival time of my life there last year. Took some herbal xtc and worked!! I was going until Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately that sort of herbal xtc is banned now :(

www.bungalow-club.de They are throwing a party in this old castle. Sounds pretty good. Unfortunately I an't go. :mad:

OMG, you KNOW Germany has sick techno! Seriously, like isn't Cosmic Gate and like Aquagen and all them like German? I know Scot Project is, and look at his techno. Cosmic Gate is intense, etc. The German DJs are SiCk so I can't even begin to imagine how the clubs are over there! I was gonna go to Ibiza next summer to hit the clubs up over there, but now I'm contemplating about flying to Germany instead!

:goofy:

Originally posted by jammy

:eek: Can anyone tell me the names of some clubs in Berlin (or nearby) that is a must checkout hot spot. I'm going there the week after Labor Day and looking to partay me arse off.

Tanks in advance :tongue:

-Jamms "volkswagon" :cool:

Tell me what kinna music you are into. I can check out what is going on that weekend on the internet (if you speak german you can do it yourself). You also have to tell me what time you will be there (I dunno when labor day is). If you are into house music I might be able to hok you up with my friends in Berlin. I am chilling till the 20th or something like that. We sure could meet up somewhere and I can give you an overview of whats going on.

Ah yeah you will be able to party your head of with the current exchange rate. Everything i gonna be so cheap for ya.

madrusso- do u know whats goin on in that 116st castle today?

i hate to disappoint you guys, but it's not really a castle. from the outside it looks like any other building (which is mostly residential) and on the inside the decor is sort of medieval with suits of armor and tapestries hanging from the walls...chandeliers etc. there's a big patio with a small pool and they grill outdoors in the summertime. the first time you go there, it's waaaaaaay cool but after that you get used to it. there's a party there august 25, not sure who is spinning.

I've never been to Germany, but my friend's girl has just come home from there, and she has said on more than one occassion that the clubs are far better.

I love German House Music; it seems to have a rough edge to it, and it's not always a "Bang Bang" hard beat type of hard edge. It's very tastefully done, with alot of emotion within the songs. I like Krieger, Aquagen, and Cosmic Gate's creations. The one song I don't like from Aquagen is the English version of their "Ihr Seid So Leise," which was "Why are you so Quiet." For some reason, the vocals within that song sound retarded. What is said is not necessarily retarded, but the voice that says it is. As for the techno, I'm not sure. I have heard some disgustingly sick Gabber from Germany that has rivaled anything I've heard in America.

With all due respect to the country of Germany though, fuck it. I live in New York, and I love this city more than anything. Fuck Germany, and any other country that I don't club in. New York City is the phattest, most diversified club spot. Fuck everything to the North, South, East, and West of it.

Originally posted by thehacker

T R E S O R

Thats what I expected. Tresor is cool, but its a touristi place (as everyone knows it). If anyone wants to go there, go there on Wednesday to check it out. It only costs 5 DM cover charge (= $2) and its always got good house music on the top floor. And you definately have to check out the treasury room. Its usually Hard Edged drum & bass party down there. You can definately loose your mind down there.

rudeboyyouth

Don't fuck every other city. But you are wright with one thing:

PARTY WHEREVER THE FUCK YOU ARE!!!!!

madrusso- do u know whats goin on in that 116st castle today?

yeh.. shugabooga pretty much described it, but still, its not that bad, you can chill by the pool and music wasnt that bad, i really lost track of people who were promoting, but maybe i check it out on 25th. thanks shuga!

Originally posted by nightgroover

Tell me what kinna music you are into. I can check out what is going on that weekend on the internet (if you speak german you can do it yourself). You also have to tell me what time you will be there (I dunno when labor day is). If you are into house music I might be able to hok you up with my friends in Berlin. I am chilling till the 20th or something like that. We sure could meet up somewhere and I can give you an overview of whats going on.

Ah yeah you will be able to party your head of with the current exchange rate. Everything i gonna be so cheap for ya.

I'm into PARTYINGGGG!!!! All kinds of music, I'm going nutz out there. I will be in Berlin from Sept 6 -Sept 9. Hopefully we can meet up!

-Jamms :cool:

Originally posted by jammy

I'm into PARTYINGGGG!!!! All kinds of music, I'm going nutz out there. I will be in Berlin from Sept 6 -Sept 9. Hopefully we can meet up!

-Jamms :cool:

OK what you should do then is get a 030. Its the partying magazine for Berlin all the official clubs and parties in there (with address and nearest subway station). OK the problem is I don't have a calender here. I think the 6th is a Wednesday. You should go to the TRESOR on Wednesday. Its at the Leipziger Strasse. The Subway Station is Potsdamer Platz. You can always ask your way there as everyone knows the TRESOR. (www.tresor-club.de)

On Thursday you definately should check the COOKIES out. Its an unofficial club (but not illegal) so you wont find it in any directory. Its located at the Subway station Friedrichstrasse. Check out the toilets. Sometimes the best party is on the toilets (seperate DJ and everything), and dont be surprised about the freestanding unisex toilets (there are normal cabins as well, at least sometimes :)) . Be there early. Around about 11:30 pm. I dont have the exact address, but can find it out for you if you want. Otherwise just ask a taxi driver. They usually know where it is.

On Friday I dunno. havent been going out much on Fridays. Just look into the 030 what suits you best. You should be able to figure something out even though its german.

On Saturday you should go into the SAGE CLUB (www.sage-club.de). Its located right at the Subway station Heinrich-Heine-Strasse. Can't miss it.

If you don't feel like clubbing you can always check out the bars and restaurants at the Hakischer Markt (name of the subway station as well).

tyi: if you wanna meet up remember that I am i nY at the moment. I dunno if you got that wright. Otherwise have fun partying.