Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the end of a era...

sgtfury

saturday night is Accostanation's last night at Shadow...I heard that GA will be starting a monthly residency at Level and i wouldnt be surprised if he starts spinning at miami's superclub downtown...however, GA's saturday nights at Shadow were special ones for me..they were so full of energy and gave me something to look forward to during those aweful days (mon-friday) almost a year to the day of the closing of the mix...kind of sad...i want to thank all of the staff at shadow for the good times over the last 2 years for me...

Originally posted by sgtfury

saturday night is Accostanation's last night at Shadow...I heard that GA will be starting a monthly residency at Level and i wouldnt be surprised if he starts spinning at miami's superclub downtown...however, GA's saturday nights at Shadow were special ones for me..they were so full of energy and gave me something to look forward to during those aweful days (mon-friday) almost a year to the day of the closing of the mix...kind of sad...i want to thank all of the staff at shadow for the good times over the last 2 years for me...

Could'nt agree wiyh you more Greg, this is a big shock to me as well!!! I'm speechless and heartbroken!!!:( :(

despite the bad publicity that George has been getting on this message board and on the streets that he's become a cheesy dj and what not, let me be the 1st to say that HE is the one who got me into the music...trance, house, progressive, you name it...

ill never forget the 1st time i went to shadow about 3 years ago, i dropped my love for hip hop right there and then...thank you george, you continue being one of my favorite dj's...and i got no shame in admitting it...good luck to you, dont forget where it all started bro...peace...

p.s...kris, the few times i spoke to you, youve been nothin but a sweetheart...good luck to u also...peace.....

at a very unhappy time in my life--i discovered the Mix and Shadow lounge...its funny because i lived in miami for 6 years and then moved away and discovered those places while i was living in Boston... i would fly down almost every other weekend just to go to shadow and the mix...they gave me a lot of happiness and a diversion from the shit i was going through...the mix closed and now shadow...the scene will never be the same for me.