Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TRIBAL vs JUNGLE vs DRUM-N-BASS

im startin to get more into tribal. but is it different than jungle? i dont know if ive ever heard jungle. and also what exactly is drum-n-bass? again, i dont think ive actually ever heard d & b. so, what makes a song tribal? or jungle? or d & b? if anyone can clear up these 3 musical genres for me, id be very grateful. im trying to broaden my horizons. thanx.

Victor Calderone plays tribal, LTJ Bukem plays jungle, and Dieselboy plays drum-n-bass. Jungle and drum-n-bass are more closely related and are faster than tribal.

42records is releasing a 4 disc compilation cd in September called "Definitive". Each cd will focus on a different genre of electronic music and feature an artist that defines that style. One cd is going to focus on 4-to-the-floor type genres such as techno, house, trance, gabber, etc. One cd will focus on breaks, jungle, d-n-b, etc. One will focus on trip-hop, ambient, etc. And one will focus on industrial, experimental, soundscape, etc. They'll also be putting info on their site that will give a history and description for each style to give people a better idea of the different types of electronic music.

I think the release date is set for Sept 15, but contact http://raw42.com for more info.

Originally posted by heretic909

Victor Calderone plays tribal, LTJ Bukem plays jungle, and Dieselboy plays drum-n-bass. Jungle and drum-n-bass are more closely related and are faster than tribal.

42records is releasing a 4 disc compilation cd in September called "Definitive". Each cd will focus on a different genre of electronic music and feature an artist that defines that style. One cd is going to focus on 4-to-the-floor type genres such as techno, house, trance, gabber, etc. One cd will focus on breaks, jungle, d-n-b, etc. One will focus on trip-hop, ambient, etc. And one will focus on industrial, experimental, soundscape, etc. They'll also be putting info on their site that will give a history and description for each style to give people a better idea of the different types of electronic music.

I think the release date is set for Sept 15, but contact http://raw42.com for more info.

LTJ plays drum and bass, Dieselboy plays jungle, harder jungle techstep I believe, but its definately not drum and bass.

Originally posted by jimk29

LTJ plays drum and bass, Dieselboy plays jungle, harder jungle techstep I believe, but its definately not drum and bass.

LTJ produces atmospheric jungle, the kind of shit that puts you to sleep. I don't know what he plays live because I would never go see him, but he produces jungle.

Dieselboy plays drum-n-bass. That's why his one of his cds is called 'drum and bass selection'. He plays the harder tech-step style of drum-n-bass that's better suited for a party than Bukem's crap.