Clubplanet Nightlife Community

First time in 'the city' and need advice.

My best friend an I (both male / NOT gay) are heading to NYC

in a few weeks. We both have been looking into clubs online,

but many of the postings are mixed with opinions (of which many

could have come from club promoters). What I am looking

for is someone who has been to several of the clubs in NYC

to help me narrow down the choices.

We both like dance and alternative music, but we tend to

shy away from the grunge croud. I would like a safe

environment to have fun without the fear of fights or getting

poked with a needle. A large, mature, energetic croud would

be optimal. ( we both are around 27 years old )

We will be staying in Manhattan, so we should have several

options.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Chris

aight chris...

you want a large energetic crowd w/o the fear of fights and that other bullshit...

well more established clubs have a good rep when it comes to the friendliness of crowds...so dont worry about the following suggestions:

WED- the party is probably Lil Louie Vega @ Centro-Fly...great club, sexy atmosphere, everything NY (style, women, music)

THURS- you have some choices...you either want to go back to Centro-Fly for the their best party, Subliminal Sessions, with some of the best music you'll ever hear, or if you want to see women so amazing you wonder if their is a factory near-by, i suggest SACI...but make sure you come correct...bring a female, or if you dont have one...come early with your boy....

FRI-you want a party? Vinyl, nuff said...but the ROXY party is definitly picking up steam....ROXY is huge though, a bigger dancefloor than EXIT's...

SAT- uhhhhhmmmm theres 151, which is similar to the SACI party

.....a good dance party??....hhmmm...this one i cant raelly say...i would usually go to Sound Factory because JP is my fav DJ...but thats afterhours....it wont get good till around 7am-11am....

hope this helps....PEACE...

oh and by the way....dont even think of entering EXIT....take my advice,please....

Originally posted by ctnewbie

We both like dance and alternative music, but we tend to

shy away from the grunge croud. Chris

Hi, Chris. What exactly do you mean by "alternative music"? Gothic, industrial, ebm, new wave, or something else? I see that people have given many "dance" suggestions, but no alternative ones.

Bye

Scarlet1,

I like both industrial and goth (although I dont think I would

fit in very well with the goth croud). Basically Im going to be

in NYC for a weekend (Friday and Saturday night) and want

some place safe yet exciting to go to. I can go many ways with

the music. I am not as avid about it as many of the music lovers on the board. Just something energetic will be fine. =)

I know I might be excluding many of the clubs, but I am not into

ANY drugs (other than my daily dose of caffeine), and I really could care less about pretending to be something Im not.

I dress nice, but I dont intend to pay hundreds of dollars to

sit in a 'VIP' lounge.

Getting into a fight for bumping into someone is not my style,

just hanging out and enjoying an energetic croud will be enough for me. Should I just go to a local bar? ha ha ha

Chris

P.S

I noticed that many people have viewed this posting. I

welcome ANY and ALL (good or bad) input.

From what I have read, and the input given (by ONE person),

I think it is narrowed down to 4 clubs.

(not in any order)

LIMELIGHT

ROXY

SOUND FACTORY

VINYL

Can anyone give me an idea on which nights I should

go to which? I will be down on a Friday and Saturday

night..

Thanks

well u would have to go to VINYL on a friday night for danny T.

as for limelight i would avoid it for now, i used to go there but it is not what it used to b.......factory is good on a saturday, but not until after hours......around 6am is when it gets jumpin.....so i would suggest that on saturday u check out one 51 or saci, both of which close at 4am and then hit up factory for the after hours session.....thats my view on your weekend...hope it helps ....peace!

i agree with everyone else for saturday night 151 is very hot. Never been to saci but i have heard it is also good. Sound factory is great but you have to be into that kind of music. Hard house and alot of bass. Nice bars to try out are Turtle bay and Sutton place on 2nd Ave. Kevin st. James on 8th ave between 46 and 47 st. i like Exit on fridays but everyone else is advising against it. they must know better i usually go to a bar than a club every friday and sat. i have tried exit and SF on both nights. fri is exit and Sf sat. get to exit by 12 or 1am don't bother with factory till after 4am at the earliest. sometimes i will wake up really early on sunday mourning and go to sound factory.

Factory on Fridays is awesome. Saturdays are bangin too, but not until real late. If you want the club experience on Friday, go to Factory. I have never seen a fight there, and in general the people are a lot friendlier. You said you werent gay so you probably wouldnt like Exit. 75% of the crowd are juice heads with their shirts off, so if you like women dont go there.

On Saturday I would recomend 151. I dont think anyone can say anything bad about that place on a Saturday. Hope you have a good time while you are here