Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm a Flooreeda refugee in a sea of trance headz . . .

I just moved up from Flooreeda and am looking to get into the scene here. I'm looking for Drum and Bass, Breaks (yes kids . .the funky/intelligent kind) and progressive house (if done correctly). If anyone has any information on good venues/parties pleeeze email or message me!

Dance Safe everyone . .

-Phuturephunk

Bro, I feel your pain. I moved up here from FL. about two years ago. there is NO breaks scene at all. You are lucky if you even find any djs that spin breaks. every once in a while Icey will spin up here, but Im sure youve seen him a million times too. Good luck getting used to the scene up here!

theres a breaks scene up here.. not as much as florida, but i don't even like alot of that stuff..

icey, to me, is cheesy breaks.. not intelligent..

all the raves have plenty of breaks, so theres always a party to hit up.. check out my future wife, reid speed.. she's illlllllll

and theres a lot of smaller parties for drum and bass, two step, breaks etc.

schwingep on this board knows a lot about the parties, check w/ him..

and if your here next thursday then hit up vinyl for 1/2 of tyrant.. LEE BURRIDGE.. now thats quality breaks :D

You are right about a lot of Florida breaks, they are cheesy. And even though people spin breaks up here, all the dj's that we are used to, never come up. I miss seeing acts like Rabbit in The Moon all the time(i did se them in NYC though) Spacemen, Rick West, Johnny Dangerously & Storm, Merlyn...the list goes on an on. I would def be down to go to some of these parties. Drop me a line sometime and give me some info

I was so happy to see this post!! I have been looking for sometime and have come up with random parties. I was in Orlando a couple of weeks and met Rick West. He said he was coming up in the fall, I will keep you all posted. Definately Steriotopia!!! We should have a Club NYC meetup. I'm VIPing it for the event hope to see some of you there!:D

Originally posted by phuturephunk

I just moved up from Flooreeda and am looking to get into the scene here. I'm looking for Drum and Bass, Breaks (yes kids . .the funky/intelligent kind) and progressive house (if done correctly). If anyone has any information on good venues/parties pleeeze email or message me!

Dance Safe everyone . .

-Phuturephunk

Sorry man..I feel your pain!

Welcome to the city where people care more about what list you are on and what shoes to wear than the music!

Love the builds and GLAM or get the hell out..

But there is hope!

*Baktun Saturdays is a great D&B party..

*Test press Sundays @ Drinkland is cozy as is..

*Hallcyon in Brooklyn.

But if you want my REAL advise I'd go straight to the source:

http://www.satellite-records.com/

http://www.breakbeatscience.com/

look for flyers and ask around..

It may not be obviouse at first but there is still an "underground" (barely alive..but still breathing) in this Velvet rope city!