Clubplanet Nightlife Community

new brunswick club--whens that opening??

Originally posted by alicia782

yup--im at rutgers new brunswick-main campus--

and i will definateley be going clubbing there, considering itll be a 5 min walk down george street...that would be nice...:)

What do you mean rutgers new brunswick-main campus? Do you mean College Ave Campus?

I'll be a dork and give you the who, what where when and why...

Who: A guy named Pete and two of his partners worked with NB representatives who agreed to allow a club in the town.

What: A Club. Music will range from commercial club/house/vocals to deep hard house/trance. It'll be NY style. I'm thinking that for much of the clientelle, they will be spending half the night saying "I know this song. I love this song" and the other half of the night saying "What the fuck is this song, I've gotta find out what it is." A lot of people go out to clubs and want to hear what is familar to them, and others just want to hear new beats. I'd like to try to cater to both as best as possible. The resident DJ that we have lined up is perfect for this.

Where: On the other side of Stress Factory....near the parking deck. If you walk down there right now, you'll see a temporary sign for it.

When: Hopefully beginning of November(Depends on scheduling inspections and stuff)

Why: Central Jersey needs to make it's place on the map for nightclubs and good music. I wish I had this when I went to Rutgers :(

-Slate

Whats up Milamber, good to see ya on here, make yourself at home. I'm gonna be a Senior on College ave. Actually, wait... I am a senior on college ave, just moved in today into Easton ave apartment. Right now i'm 12 stories up looking over the wonderful city of New Brunswick. Anyone else here yet, send me a pm. Can't wait for this club to open.

Originally posted by slate183

Where: On the other side of Stress Factory....near the parking deck. If you walk down there right now, you'll see a temporary sign for it.

When: Hopefully beginning of November(Depends on scheduling inspections and stuff)

Why: Central Jersey needs to make it's place on the map for nightclubs and good music. I wish I had this when I went to Rutgers :(

-Slate

How big is the area next to the Stress Factory?

Where would you consider Bunka and Abyss to be located?

the club was supposed to be done by sept.. but looks like its going to be oct... from what i heard its gonna be one of those cheesy guido/guidette clubs playin hard house... like a mini bunka or abyss or something... (not to knock bunka.. i werk there hehe)... im just bitter cuz its directly across from my spot and im gonna have to deal with the drama... newayz...

paterson st represent...

check out AFTERMATH

Every Tuesday Nite @ the HARVEST MOON

And every other Saturday

Techno and all that good stuff...

DJ db Helix-NOS Music

Joey Stitch-NOS Music

Chris Trends-Concept Music

And special guest djs

www.bassfreq.com

www.concept-music.com

.g.

asiandeLite.com

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

How big is the area next to the Stress Factory?

Where would you consider Bunka and Abyss to be located?

Moderate size. Capacity is around 1000 people.

You're right-Bunka and Abyss are definitely central Jersey. Both are nice venues, but the more variety/more clubs there are in central NJ, the more reason for people to travel from other places to come to the area. That's what I'd like to see happen. In terms of music, the style at Platinum is gonna be different. Better or worse depends on your preference, ofcourse.

Chris- Yes, this is Adam from HH.

G-Money-lol...it'll be all good.

Originally posted by slate183

Moderate size. Capacity is around 1000 people.

You're right-Bunka and Abyss are definitely central Jersey. Both are nice venues, but the more variety/more clubs there are in central NJ, the more reason for people to travel from other places to come to the area. That's what I'd like to see happen. In terms of music, the style at Platinum is gonna be different. Better or worse depends on your preference, ofcourse.

I guess we shall see......

i'm new to this board but there's another spot in plainfield called Club Paradox (formally Shout) there is 3 rooms down stairs they have bands, then there's the pink room playing hip hop and all that stuff, then you have the main room playing that hard ny style house. if that's not enough ,upstairs is the VIP with a big glass wall overlooking the main room. it's a nice downlow spot with alot of hot approachable girls.

www.paradoxnightclub.com

Originally posted by jerryx

look for STUDIO 56 TANNING AND HAIR DESIGN opening up right on EASTON AVE. . The best in stand up tanning 10 minute tans, comming in two weeks. 56 EASTON AVE BETWEEN SOMERSET AND HAMILTON.

Outta curiousity, what does tanning have to do with a club???

Originally posted by djtome

i'm new to this board but there's another spot in plainfield called Club Paradox (formally Shout) there is 3 rooms down stairs they have bands, then there's the pink room playing hip hop and all that stuff, then you have the main room playing that hard ny style house. if that's not enough ,upstairs is the VIP with a big glass wall overlooking the main room. it's a nice downlow spot with alot of hot approachable girls.

Yo, stop giving away our secret Friday night spot. Next thing you know all the squids will be invading our little heaven.