Bacardi "O" and Lustpartyonline.com present the

LUST 4 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Friday August 31st - Boca Raton, FLORIDA

featuring West Coast House Legend

MARQUES WYATT

Om Records, Release-San Fran, Deep-LA

along with residents Vaughan & Sheldon

Doors Open 10pm - Ladies 18+ welcome

The club will be trasformed into an underwater paradise!

Radius Nightclub - Boca Raton

corner of Palmetto & Powerline Rd.

(561) 392-3747

www.lustpartyonline.com

www.om-records.com

It's a SHAME :blank: that more people have not posted anything in reply.... It leads me to think..... AS USUAL the Best DJ's get little props and no recognition.

:mad:

What really pisses me off is that I'm off to Atlantic City during this time.... :mad: First I miss SADE now this !!!!!

DAMN

Originally posted by shroomy

I don't know if I would go into Radius if Diggers was spinning for free and they were giving away beans at the door.

That place just gives me hives.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But I'v only been there once.... so i figured everyone deserves a second chance?

I don't know if I would go into Radius if Diggers was spinning for free and they were giving away beans at the door.

First off, I wouldn't go anywhere to hear John Dickweed you get me pill head, sorry beans dude!!!!! and second its the party what you go for not the venue. There's wicked parties at not so great venues.

Looking forward to see Marques Wyatt, keep booking quality dj's.

It's really sad that you would even make a statement like that. Everyone has their own opinion on who the BEST dj is, and obviously "Diggers" is yours, which should mean that you would go see him NO MATTER WHERE he is playing! If you REALLY think REAL HARD (not while you're on a free bean), SPACE is the BIGGEST SHITHOLE of a club, in the WORST part of town, but you can't knock the fact that they have managed to hit a niche market and book some world-class talent. So do people like you REALLY into MUSIC or are you one of the reasons why most of this World-Class talent uses "Plastic-Miami" as a punchline in their jokes while they would much rather play in other cities where the people are really into the MUSIC!!!!

We think we are at the epicenter of dance music, because for 1 week a year, we play host to the Winter Music Conference(WMC). Do your homework! South Florida has one of the worst reputations, known for it's so-called "music lovers" to be under a permanent drug induced coma! I am a househead down to the core, but I make it a point to be open-minded and when the WMC rolls around in March, I try and catch at least one dj from different genres of dance music; give it a try. I am not dissing Diggers either.. I actually used to drive to Orlando in the mid-Nineties to hear him play when he would come over with Sasha and sleep on Jimmy Van M's couch when they were both unkown in the US! I also heard them play several years ago in Miami and they FLOPPED MISERABLY!!!! Due to the fact that they South Florida was a big house city at the time and most of the miami club goers weren't educated enough on this progressive sound. It wasn't until Twilo that they really made a huge impact(except for Orlando's, they've always loved them) here in the states.

Just keep an open mind and go buy some other cd's other than the Paul Van Dyke, Northern Exposure, & Paul Okenfold cd's that I kNOW you have in heavy rotation right now. And don't bother replying and dropping any knowledge this way.. I own them too; they're just collecting dust under my enormous collection of music ranging from Jazz to Drum-n-Bass to house!

Keep it real Shroomy. And hopefully we'll meet out on the dancefloor.. no matter where the club is or what rash it gives you!!!

Originally posted by dannyj

First off, I wouldn't go anywhere to hear John Dickweed you get me pill head, sorry beans dude!!!!! and second its the party what you go for not the venue. There's wicked parties at not so great venues.

Looking forward to see Marques Wyatt, keep booking quality dj's.

Someone please point out this ignorant fuck (dannyj ) to me some night!

Are you too stupid to realize I was commenting on Radius and not Wyatt?

And if you knew what the vibe is like there you would know what I am talking about.

Originally posted by vaughanz

It's really sad that you would even make a statement like that. Everyone has their own opinion on who the BEST dj is, and obviously "Diggers" is yours

Ugh... no, just his name seemed to go well with the post like the passing out beans at the door. Shit, they should pass out a sense of humor, and I know who should be at the front of the line.

btw my dj of the month happens to be Sander Kleinenberg but it didn't sound as funny that way. sheesh.....

Leave it to a Trancehead or Progressive guy to immediately resort to violence. can't you settle it with a Peaknuckle match or a game of Go-Fish???

It just so happens that I didn't mention you talking poorly about Marques; it was that fact that you should go listen to good music NO MATTER where the venue is!

And yes the "vibe" at Radius is almost non existant and VERY cheesy to add to what you said. BUT....(and there is ALWAYS a but).. they started a new TRU house night there on Fridays a little over a month ago . It also just so happens that the club has NOTHING to do with the night; it is put together by the same people that do the "LUST" parties all over the country and happen to be based out of Lauderdale. It also just so happens that in the short time that the FRIDAY NIGHT(not the club) has been open, they have played host to dj's from all different genres... DAVID WAXMAN (Crobar, Twilo, Ultra Records), LUIS DIAZ (Balance, Twilo, SoBe Godson), Andrew Macari (Large, Afterhours, Hula Groove- A Brit with a three page Discography of releases he has done), JUAN MEJIA (Crobar), JASK (Tampa, Large recordings, Soulfuric), BRIAN TAPPERT (Jazz-n-Groove, Cleptomaniacs, Ministry Of Sound)

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM US SHROOMY????

So shroomy.. I agree with you as far as Radius having a bad reputation for Cheesyness... but for you to deny yourself of hearing your favorite dj (Digweed) due to some cheesey venue, with a great sound system I might add..... makes you a bit left of center!!!

Keep on rocking!

Someone please point out this ignorant fuck (dannyj ) to me some night!

Are you too stupid to realize I was commenting on Radius and not Wyatt?

And if you knew what the vibe is like there you would know what I am talking about.

Don't get your knickers in a twist Mushoom.

this thread became sorry all of a sudden. It's obvious the parties envolved need to lighten up and maybe learn how to read a bit.

Shroomy, it's obvious your not talking about west coast legend Marques Wyatt and talking about the venue itself. sure there are places in the US where the venues are less than desireable but the muzik is what stands out .... just my .02 worth

Shroomy, it's obvious your not talking about west coast legend Marques Wyatt and talking about the venue itself. sure there are places in the US where the venues are less than desireable but the muzik is what stands out .... just my .02 worth

btw my dj of the month happens to be Sander Kleinenberg but it didn't sound as funny that way. sheesh.....

I feel ya Shroomy! Now, I can wrap this thread up with one question....

Would you go see Sander Kleinenberg if he was playing at Radius next Friday Night????

That's my only point! I'll still play "Go-Fish" with you if you want!

See ya on the dancefloor Shroomy!

Watch out for that DannyJ cat... Seems like he can throw down a mean match of Pea-Knuckle!!! I did notice he used the word knickers... which leads me to believe he is British... They take their house music pretty serious over there! Thanks for the support DannyJ... just don't knick anyone here on this BBS. It's ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC!

Kiss Rules!!!! Haha!

From my perspective, venue factors in somewhat in the way a night goes. I've heard plenty a DJ in less-than-desireable venues, and it's a damn shame for the talent to get booked in places that are like that. I have a decent time, but it's always in my mind like "Wouldn't so-and-so be better @ crobar?"

:D

I suppose you have a valid argument, but the club in question is a very nice club with a USUALLY less than desirable Top 40 crowd on other nights. They have a great sound system and the club was rebuilt from the floor up with $2 Million in renovations. But I do agree that seeing any Dj at a dirty venue w/ lousy sound would not be my idea of a good time.

I'm not a big fan of several clubs in South Beach, but I didn't let it stop me from seeing some great talent during the WMC at those venues.

Valdi point though! :)

Who do I need to show my ID to?:tongue:

vaughanz, to answer your question, Not only would I go see Kleinenberg, I would even go see Wyatt if it was a different weekend. :) --- but then I'd bitch about the crowd afterwards! :)

I just wanted to comment on what a cheesy crowd Radius gets. Its the price they pay for their Boca location. (BTW unfortunately I live about 3 miles from Radius - but not in Boca!)

and don't take it so personally, I dislike Space and keep bitching about them too (while still going)

and dannyj.. yeah I guess they were twisted up a bit. Sometimes I have a tendency to rip arms off first (figuratively...usually,) and make sure I understood correctly second :)

On a side note, I actually did see Wyatt in San Francisco one time and he seemed pretty "fun" for lack of a better word, and worked the crowd pretty well, and considering that I came directly from a Phish concert to his house oriented music is quite an accomplishment. (he is black right?? I'm pretty sure it was him) I always liked DJ's who use the mic and interact with the crowd.

But then again, I not a music bigot/connoisseur. The set is as good as the time I have. Thats why Europe will always leave the State in the dust when it comes to crowds, they are there to have fun first, not critique the DJ. The DJ doesn't have to drag the crowd along, just lead them.

Shroomy... You are a gentleman and a scholar (musically). See... and no one even had to check our ID's! Haha! I went to Radius for their Grand Opening and NEVER went back...EVER; until the new friday started. I have lived in the Boca area since 1992 and have been promoting parties since then as well and Club Boca was cheesy, and Radius is almost cheesier, if that's even possible.

If you get a chance one friday, stop in and say hello and I'll buy you a shot and we can sit back and make fun of some of the people together. You are VERY right about it mainly being the location. Boca is a beautiful city but it's filled with extremely fake, cheesy people trying desperately to be cool; to each their own!

See you on the dancefloor!

P.S.: We will be doing a webcast of the party and will archive it afterwards so you can check it out and judge for yourself!!!:tongue:

To all of you who are willing to "suffer" the cheeze of Radius I guarantee you will have a wonderful time this Friday. I have faithfully attented the Friday night parties by Lust for about two months now have yet to be dissapointed. This is truly a house party with Sheldon taking us on a soulful disco garage(the real one) ride and Vaughan going deep tribal banging all perfectly synced together.

I live in North Broward it has been a joy to drive 20 minutes north and not fight traffic, pay for parking, walk 1 mile to the club and most of all not have the horrible 45-1 hour drive back home when I go to SoBe.

As pointed out earlier if you want to be at the IT club right now Space is the place, if you like house, cool people, and great djs

see ya Friday in Boca.

Ps: Anyone who wants a shot on me I'll be the guy 6'2'' blond ponytail taking pictures.

"Not everyone undertands house music"