Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If only Djs said this about Miami clubs...

loraine

"Playing relatively long late night/early morning sets on a superb soundsystem to a crowd of people who love music in an underground brickwork labyrinth - what more can one ask of a residency? The broadmindedness of both the people who run the club and the people who attend the club has allowed

me total musical freedom. "

--Craig Richards on Fabric (wicked club in London)

Originally posted by loraine

"Playing relatively long late night/early morning sets on a superb soundsystem to a crowd of people who love music in an underground brickwork labyrinth - what more can one ask of a residency? The broadmindedness of both the people who run the club and the people who attend the club has allowed

me total musical freedom. "

--Craig Richards on Fabric (wicked club in London)

Instead we get this "well it's sunny, there are a lot of fit birds walking around, drinks cost too much and the bouncers are assholes"

I spent the summer studying in London, and Fabric didn't blow my mind.........as far as clubs are concerned. Yeah, it was tight b/c you didn't have to wait in line, and you could show up in track pants and trainers. The only really difference was the DJ's! You would pick up the weekly edition of TimeOut and Fabric would have superstar DJ's spinning every weekend..........it was insane. If Miami could just book the talent, our clubs would be just as hot as Fabric.........even more so, b/c we have sexxxy ladies!

plz, the girls are compelety overrated here

if you took your best looking miami girl and your best looking ny girl, yes the miami girl would be beautiful but on a whole i see many more good looking girls (& especially guys) up north.

personally, i like the not so obvious ones--you know, the ones who have no idea how damn good looking they are :)

I wasn't tryin' to knock the ladies or even single out the Miami girls, but i was talking about the London scene. The girls in the states- are lookin' like top-shelf honeys when they hit the club........the girls in London were rockin' baggy pants and hoodies! It was just one of the little differences that made me appreciate miami clubs (eye candy is always good)..........now if we could just work on the music................

Originally posted by joeygk

I spent the summer studying in London, and Fabric didn't blow my mind.........as far as clubs are concerned. Yeah, it was tight b/c you didn't have to wait in line, and you could show up in track pants and trainers. The only really difference was the DJ's! You would pick up the weekly edition of TimeOut and Fabric would have superstar DJ's spinning every weekend..........it was insane. If Miami could just book the talent, our clubs would be just as hot as Fabric.........even more so, b/c we have sexxxy ladies!

Ok what makes a club good is the people, management, music and ofcourse DJ...and Fabric is a kickass club imo. I'de say it's better than Space. So what you didn't like Fabric cos the girls weren't showing as much skin?

Originally posted by loraine

Ok what makes a club good is the people, management, music and ofcourse DJ...and Fabric is a kickass club imo. I'de say it's better than Space. So what you didn't like Fabric cos the girls weren't showing as much skin?

I didn't say Fabric sucked....far from the contrary.......I was just trying to defend Miami clubs.......if we had the likes of digweed, ashley casselle, sander, etc on a monthly basis--- our scene would be just as hot as london.......thats all i'm saying.

*MUSIK MAKES THE CLUB....AND THE PEOPLE COME FOR THE MUSIK..........

GOD FORBID! someone defending Miami clubs......

This board has a real "the grass is always greener on the other side" type attitude...and BTW Vinyl is a DUMP! and Fabric is'nt so hot either....I'd rather hear Danny Tenaglia at Space rather than Vinyl or Fabric any day of the week!

I get the feeling anything or anyone that is "local" is considered lame by the hipper than thou folks on this board. That attitude is precisely what makes Miami's scene what it is. Instead of looking at all the positives we have, we dump on our local clubs, djs, promoters, etc. and constantly rave about everywhere else. I got news for you guys , we've got it pretty good here... I'd like to see how many of you would frequent a club like Vinyl (no A/C, no liquor, no decor, raver kids) The music is amazing, but would that be enough? or would we take it for granted if we had it on a regular basis? When Danny Tenaglia used to play in Miami every week nobody gave a shit (except maybe 300 or 400 mostly gay men) THINK ABOUT IT! Maybe we should stop bitching and realize we have some pretty good clubs and DJs in our own backyard...

PEACE:)

I've noticed that too. A lot of people seem to constantly trash on what we've got down here. Sure, we've got issues, but I can only really think of 1 or maybe 2 places in the country that I would settle for being at. Compare our scene to say the scene in like Detroit, Little Rock, Portland, Seattle, or any other of those dime-a-dozen cities and you'll see what I mean. We've got it pretty damn good, aside from the problems with space, etc...

I can think of so many positives to our scene...crobar, Edgar V, Oscar G, David Padilla (love 'em or hate 'em he's done a lot), George Acosta (again, he's done a lot for us..), little-recognized DJs like Luis Diaz and Robbie Rivera, the WMC, our 5 AM or unlimited closing times, it goes on and on.

The one big thing I also notice is when people get in a huge tiff because a rather unknown performer can't make it down here. It's often a financial problem. Said performer doesn't have a following, so it may not be viable for him or her to stop here except for during the WMC...and then we get boatloads of people saying 'that's a sure sign we suck' and so forth...or you get the type of people who are so focused on one genre that they think the rest must be pure evil....