Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vinyl (late review)

I am new to Clubplanet.com, but I wanted to tell you guys what DT is doing to this place. Danny's sets put goosbumps on my arms three days later. The only thing that I am afraid of is that its never going to be this good again. I think as word of mouth spreads this place is going to be overpacked this friday still can't wait!!!

This is not a new party. And DT is not new to the NY scene. Word of mouth had the party big and gay for a while before Eric Ortense stepped in and changed things... it's bigger than ever now (bigger is not always better, IMO), and DT is living up to his own standards. I like the fact that he can go deeper and darker at Vinyl than he ever could in the D-Tour days @ Tunnel, or the forced trance days of Twilo, sorta like his Clubzilla parties @ LL were.

As for next week, DT is gonna be taking Miami by storm @ Space.

And very soon, I believe, he's going to be back in Ibiza to throw down what will undoubtedly be one of the sickest closing parties that island has ever seen.

joe mama

Make it darker, Danny!

Does it get any darker than this?

Originally posted by joemama

As for next week, DT is gonna be taking Miami by storm @ Space.

And very soon, I believe, he's going to be back in Ibiza to throw down what will undoubtedly be one of the sickest closing parties that island has ever seen.

I've never been to VINYL yet, but i've been to miami, and i'll be there, then after that to Ibiza for (joemama says it all!)

The first time I went to see Danny was at Vinyl..

That place was RAWCKIN! Everyone was dancing - no one was all messed up (drugs, drunk, whatever).. The crowd was straight dancin until 6 am! Personally, I am not into his music that much, but just the vibe had me dancing all night long. It was definately a great feeling to know that this type of thing still exists here in NY.

--S

Originally posted by gheorghiy

The only thing that I am afraid of is that its never going to be this good again. I think as word of mouth spreads this place is going to be overpacked this friday still can't wait!!!

if u think it is good now, you shouldve been there over a year ago...when there was actualy room to breath in that place!!!!

Originally posted by brooklynkid

I'm not understanding how people are saying Vinyl is that crowded. By the time DT starts really getting good it's like 5am and the place is already starting to thin out a little. Besides that, there's usually a decent amount of room on the small stages.

I think i have to disagree,although up until a month or so youd be right,but ive closed Vinyl the last couple weeks especially,and there was a line down the block at 7:30 am no kidding! Since Vinyl's been open til 10 slowly but surely its #1 getting more and more crowded and #2 people are staying later and later..I also Agree w/your Eric observation as well. To tell you the truth Im worried..the more the merrier true..but these things have a way of ending just when they get wider audience ie twilo,robots,shelter@ vinyl,I dont know what id do....(you know the rest) ::blank: