Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CP event at Surf Club review

dw

Although not planned, I spent almost all of Sunday night at (Joey Harrison's) Surf Club chilling with DaVe and his friend/promoter Ray (hope you get a board name soon! :) )

Hopefully he can back me up in saying that we had a blast... especially hanging out with the mad cool club manager, who kept on ordering drinks for all of us - damn, I was suffering on the drive back! Anyways, it seems that DaVe has a good thing going with this guy, so stay tuned for future CP events happening there.

I left at midnight, and the party was still going strong - impressive for a Sunday night and especially with supposedly many people going over to Tempts. Boris and Kirk Lopez (the club's resident DJ for Sundays) both did quite well on the decks.

The place was PACKED! Whenever I got separated from DaVe or Ray, it would take ages before we found each other again.

The crowd was looking very fine, well at least among the ladies. As for the guys, I can't really judge, but I thought there were too many wifebeaters and tattoos (I'm sure you can paint the rest of the picture :D ), at least for my tastes.

The crowd seemed to remind me a bit of Sound Factory's crowd, and I'm sure many people there go to both, as Art said was probably the case.

Suprisingly, no glowsticking took place at all.

It's too bad the CP meetup didn't happen. There was quite a nice lounge reserved for CP-ers, but among other logistical errors, the door people screwed up - they were supposed to give special bracelets to people on the CP list and tell them about the VIP lounge, but didn't. Since no one was using that space, they closed it. DaVe said that 400+ people signed for the list on this night and at least 30 (including guests of members) came in.

We met with rollergirl and I saw gambitx73 (who wasn't aware of CP doing anything there... anyways, he said he did Sound Factory then Exit [Junior] then the shore all in one shot - wow,talk about stamina).

DaVe brought a whole bunch of CP lighters (at least 5 boxes of ~50 each), and gave them all away. They seemed to be pretty well received by people.

I'm just wondering: have any of you newbies (welcome!) signed up for this board as a result of finding out about CP through those lighters?

Oh yeah, about the beach, where I had a chance to chill before the party but failed in eliminating my sock tan... it was nice all around, but a bit small behind the club, hence quite crowded. There was also the danger of putting your stuff too close to the water - one time a really big wave came up and washed people's stuff quite a distance away. My towel and t-shirt got drenched and coated with sand in the process.

sounds like fun!!! i suppose that if we hadn't been so hungover that 2-hour drive might not have seemed so daunting. stacychase, do you realize that neither one of us drank over half of our margarita at maryanne's?

oh well, everything happens for a reason. just think, if you'd gotten that flat tire two hours outside of the city, dr. larry would not have been as close by to save you. also, we got our good shopping bargains...

Originally posted by shugabooga

oh well, everything happens for a reason. just think, if you'd gotten that flat tire two hours outside of the city, dr. larry would not have been as close by to save you. also, we got our good shopping bargains...

Got a flat somewhere far away?

One word, three letters: AAA

One of the best ways you can spend $50 (or so) each year.