Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Parking in NYC?

Originally posted by pistolero

Can anyone suggest some parking lots in Manhattan (anywhere around the Village - Midtown), that is safe, and not too expensive? Just wondering if it is still possible to park in NYC for about 12+ hours, and pay under $20.

Thanks!

When would you have to park?

If it's on the weekend, there are many streets where you can park all day and night from Friday 6 pm to Monday 8 am, for free. Look for smaller side streets in primarily residential areas.

That's how it is in Chelsea and I think some parts of the Village.

Granted you need either luck or lots of free time in the morning , you can even park in places during the week for free - you just have to move when there's street cleaning (right, DaVe ? :))

On weekends, I think most parking lots charge about $12-13 (after tax) for < 10 hours. After that, you might have to pay the 24-hour rate

for downtown during the week or people coming in from NJ, there is a lot that charges $15 for all day (with tax) that is located down an alley off 6th Ave. straight out of one of the exits from the Holland Tunnel on St. Johns Lane off Beach/Walker St.

-MJR

OMG parking in NYC absolutley sucks! It seems i get a ticket at least once a month those signs are so confusing when its 6am and they have set times on sundays! Cause when i am on my way to factory i hate to deal with the issue of parking it sucks and is the last thing on my mind lol yeah your best parking [lace would def be paying $25 at a garage rather then getting towed or gettin a $55 ticket!

whatever you do, put your car in a garage!! two weekends in the city for limelight and factory, and two weekends at the impound lot getting our car back.. so dont worry about how much the garage is cuz ur gonna end up payin a shit load more money when it gets towed.

peace out

gianni

I would suggest parking in the Upper East Side where there are no signs around of course and then taking the subway or walking down to the Village.I used to do that all the time and I'd never get tickets and I'd feel relieved that my car wasn't parked in a shitty area.:tongue: