Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fridays at Roxy..so much potential to be the next big thing

Funny. It has so much potential. Great new soundsystem (yup you can even feel the bass through your body), decent lights, plenty of space.

The Hardkiss brothers were good, I haven't heard them since my raving days many moons ago (5 years?)

From 1 to 3 they were playing some awesome house, with breakbeats thrown in and really danceable stuff.

Then it all went downhill when they started playing familiar song after familiar song.

Despite the lack of people (there seemed to be only about 200 people in a huge club at any one point in time), it had so much potential to be a great night out.

I had a decent time. I just wish more of you would realize that Roxy could be a perfect place to go on a friday night, and if they brought in some more European talent it might bring the number of heads up. I'm not saying that the American Djs aren't good enough, but if on occasion they got an A-list dj like Sasha or Warren, or Timo they would have the place packed. Boy George a few weeks ago had more people than Hardkiss, but it was pretty mainstream. (His song choice is OK but his mixing is only adequate).

So stop complaining that there isn't anything good to do in NY anymore and give the Roxy a chance.

I know exactly what your talking about..

Scott Bond was really good last Gatecrasher but the place was E M P T Y!

Completely and totally empty..

They need to start promoting the crap out of that place..

great sound and beautifull dance floor..

I'll be there for Thievery Corporation party and I plan to make a big ol loud Mugwump stink about it and hope that people show up!

Nice to see ya around these neck of the woods again!

hope to see you soon!

Hopefully in a more packed Roxy Friday night!

Yo MUGZ! What up? I had to miss it this weekend - outta town finally! But the Roxy is great - sound, space, staff is really nice. They do need to figure out how to get more people in. DJ's aren't gonna keep coming if it stays empty.

Still one of my favorite places to go, and i'll be back regularly so long as they keep it going on.

All of you out there - come and check it out at least once. Its a really good atmosphere and they've had really good talent that just needs to catch more energy from a bigger crowd.

Sounds great. I definetely want to check out Roxy sometime soon to see what it's really about. Isn't it 21 for guys though? 18 might be the way to go if they really want to attract a crowd. Depends on the type of crowd they want to attract as well. Roxy always struck me as an upscale venue that catered to special events, a different sort of club. Soon i'll see for myself.

went this past friday and the place was dead! the music i have to say was pretty good... but how could you have a good time when there are 150 people in a place as big as the roxy! anyways, went in for a drink and left... went to vinyl which was off the hook!

Thats why I said it has potential. It needs to have at least 1,000 people to feel like its a good party in that amount of space.

Bring in one of the many djs that had Twilo packed way beyond its capacity and that should do it.

The Roxy can handle it.

As much as I love Danny Tenaglia at Vinyl, we need a venue that can also host amazing international djs on a friday night to make things more interesting.

yeah, its definitely a better venue than Vinyl for the sort of thing you're talking about. It hasn't been promoted well at all yet. It could pick up a lot after labor day though when more folks are in town. it is a bit more upscale, so lots of potentials are definitiely out of town right now.

you know, i was there for Judge Jules on a Thurs. in May? or April? It was really good with a pretty decent crowd. They had performance stuff and dancing girls too. It was pretty hot. Not packed, but good. Its a big place is all. but it looks nice and there are lots of loungy spots plus the big dance floor and the stages and all.

Let's see what they get lined up for mid - late sept. and try to get a shitload of people to go. they will comp and reduce for party's there btw...

Roxy friday's are taking a turn for the better there will be a new party starting this september 28th. 21 for guys 18 for girls openming night peter rauhofer will be spinning on the main floor. I will have more info on this party thursday night. If anyone is intrseted in promoting this party please contact me PERSKRIPTION27@aol.com this club has a lot of potential as some of u said also if anyone has any sugestions on theme party's/DJ's please let me know any sugestion will help.

Jay