Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do you guys think?

im not sure exactly how it works. maybe its because at a longer distance the ball has more time to pick up speed. i think it probably has to do more with the height of the mound, but im not sure. but i am sure that they said on espn that his pitches equaled 99 mph off a major league mound. they even showed the radar during the games, and they would show u the actual pitch speed, and then the major league equivalent. 99 mph came up a few times. like i said, kid's got skillz.

come on my fellow crackheads lets take a minute and use some common sense here. Since the youngins pitch from about 15 ft. closer a ball thrown at 70 mph from where they pitch is the same as a ball thrown at 90 whatever mph from the pros regulation...

now who says a healthy diet of various drugs frys your brain???? haha hope it all makes sense now

Originally posted by xtcgspot

kid's got skills though, gotta give him that. no matter how old he is, he's still a great ptcher. his pitches would be 99 mph if he was pitchin off a major league mound!!! but it's only 70 cuz the little league mound is lower, and not as far away from the plate. that's fuckin sick!!!

do you think before you write this nonsense... you think the ball goes slower because the mound is lower

Originally posted by jimk29

do you think before you write this nonsense... you think the ball goes slower because the mound is lower

yes i did think about it...and it makes sense. at a taller height, the pitch is traveling at a different angle, and can pick up more velocity. look, i dont work for espn. but if u watched the games, or u eatched sportscenter, they said that his pitches were equivalent to 99mph off a major league mound. idk exactly how it works, and i dont give a fuck anymore, but its got something to do with the distance and height.

Physics now?

Allrighty . . . When a pitcher throws the ball there are two forces acting upon it from the time It leaves the pitchers hand: 1. The friction, or drag, of the ball through the atmosphere and 2. the gravity of the earth pulling the ball towards it.

The drag on the ball is negligible because it's a smooth sphere, the gravity part isn't so clear . . . I would state that the ball picks up only a negligible amount of speed due to the gravity of the earth (not enough downward room to increase velocity).

So . . I think that the drag overcomes any gain in speed that gravity may supply, and therefore slows down.