Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Arena/ junior vasquez

any of you people where around when arena was open at the palladium? to me that was the greatest party ever. i went there every saturday night for more than a year. no one in this forum talks about arena. i was wondering why not............

well anyway my point is that this past saturday i went to exit and it felt alot like arena. ive been lost since arean closed down. i never liked when juniour was at twilo (that place has the worst creepy vibe). but now that junior will be at exit i feel like this could be great. does anyone agree with what im saying?

I Have to agree with you, I was never big on Jr when he was at Twilo, I was never big on Twilo those years to begin with anyway...but I think Exit/Earth will be the start of something good, and it'll actually be the first decent thing that is done with that space...I definitely think the space affords Jr to be able to do what he wants like he has in the past...

Originally posted by arenaboy

any of you people where around when arena was open at the palladium? to me that was the greatest party ever. i went there every saturday night for more than a year. no one in this forum talks about arena. i was wondering why not............

I even remember hearing him spin further back - at Tunnel during winter '95 - end of summer '96. I was there almost every Sat.

Areana was off the hook also, One memory that sticks out of Arena is ringing New Years for 1997 and him playing that Madonna song "Dont cry for me Argentina" & wandering around to fall upon a "boiler room" where everything & anything was going on - Ahhhh memories!!

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing him at Exit/Earth - nothing could be like Arena, since times have changed but it will be something to look forward to again.:D

I was around for Arena, many many Saturdays. While I agree with you about Twilo having a creepy/negative vibe, I'm with Anthony on the rest... RIP, Arena.

JV @ Sound Factory (the old factory, not the new pharmacy) was a great party, Arena was bigger, and I'd argue better. The factory people followed Junior to Palladium... but there was a vicious clique that followed him back across town. They turned the party sour, (more than) a little bit angry, even. The Junya junkies who made the Arena party so much fun didn't neccessarily keep up with him @ Twilo, and the party itself was worse off for it. These are the people who are following him uptown, as well; the ones who make it damned tough to be there for the music and avoid the drama.

Exit is not Palladium, was never and will never be. Any comparison only srves to degrade both parties.

ichi

Originally posted by arenaboy

india, you just gave me some chills with those memories. do u remember nights when junior would play toni braxtons "unbreak my heart"for hours????

How can anyone forget the Toni braxton mixes - too many memories.

Sept. 29 can't come any sooner!!!!

I followed Junior from Tunnel to Arena to Twilo and Arena was by far the best place for him.

Tunnel and Twilo were too evil. They just didn't have a good vibe and the space was too small.

Tunnel was ok but, if you were in the mood to dance, and was a little too 'messed' up, the dance floor was too far away from the lounge area. And I hated climbing those stairs just to go to the bathroom. However, I will always hold my memories of Tunnel because that was where I was introduced to Junior's music for the first time. After that night, I was sucked into the scene.

If it wasn't for Junior and his music, I would have never met my husband of almost 3 years! :love: He has been with Junior ever since SF days.

Here's an Arena memory for all of you...

Remember when Junior spun "Beautiful People" by Marilyn Manson early one morning? I'm sure all of us were thinking, 'What the hell is this?' But we still danced to it...didn't we?!

One last question...who was there on the sidewalk, when they slammed the metal door closed on that sad Sunday morning when Arena was laid to rest? :cry: RIP Arena.

awwww.....you guys.......i've had times where joon-ya moved me to tears.......i was definetely feeling him this weekend.....but i am waiting to be turned out.....everyone seems to be really positive and anxious for the new spot, so i think that will help alot.....i'm sure if we all stay positive like this, that will make for an amazing party......one more month, guys........ahhhhh......ready for a "deeper love"......