Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Female DJs

malanee

DJ Heaven at Limelight. She was EXCELLENT. One of the best DJ's I heard there. Oh yeah, and watch out for me -- I plan to try this DJ thing myself but uh... don't look too soon 'cause assume I'll be laughable for a while :tongue: But hey, nothing to lose in the attempt ('cept for like $2000 in equipment).

I can just see it now DJvixxen, oh I can hardly wait! But it makes me sad to think that our little show that we were supposed to bring on the road has flunked already. Thanks for the hard work and effort, after all that cleaning I had to do, you could at least try it once, so we could be a one hit wonder?

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

DJ Heaven at Limelight. She was EXCELLENT. One of the best DJ's I heard there. Oh yeah, and watch out for me -- I plan to try this DJ thing myself but uh... don't look too soon 'cause assume I'll be laughable for a while :tongue: But hey, nothing to lose in the attempt ('cept for like $2000 in equipment).

Mmmmm.... DJ Heaven.... She's very.... uh, nevermind. We'll blame that outburst on being sick again :D

My friends that are trying to start a monthly are actually talking about making the first party an all-female lineup. You know, something gimmicky to get started. I told them they should call it 'Chicks with Decks'. :D

Vixxen, I think you should spin in a cage. That way, pgiddy will still have a job.

This is always a good topic. . .

Female djs deal w/a lot of shit and scrutiny. ie, Sandra Collins and her massive drinking and drug habit. . ) Looks are also a huge prejudice that male djs don't have to deal w/. But my favorites are most definitely Mistress Barbara, Collette, and the whole SuperJane crew in Chicago: PsychoBitch, teri bristol, dj heather, angelist. . ohh and Gayle San (another techno chick).

Misstress Barbara-I saw her at the WMC she was off the hooooookkkk they cant just say this girl is hot they can also say she has talent, nice hard tribal house, techy sounds!!! Sandra Collins she was good minus the drinking and getting high while spinning oh well..shes still is GIRLPOWER in the industry hehe...havent heard Collete spin but have her cd its fairly ok ..i also like DJ Irene..shes siiiiiiicccckkk and so is SpaceGirl(live PA) shes another one of us sick faaaawwwks

:bounce:

CD

Oh come on now PGiddy, you know I'd never desert you. I'm just moving this up a little. I'm going to be an entire club staff in one person -- dancer, DJ, doorstaff (I'd make a great bouncer -- I can pull hair like none other, that would stop em!), promoter and bartender all in one (just gotta learn to make drinks!). You, of course, will star in my dance cage act, but you can help carry my records and pass out fliers for me at the end. :D

-DJ Colette - haven't seen her but LOVE her CD! I just love how she puts her own beautiful vocals overtop while she's spinning

-Sandra Collins - love her CDS but she disappointed me w/her boring set @ Buzz bc she was so f*cked up on Percocet and who knows what else :blank:

-Sister Bliss - she rocks!

-Mistress Barbara - not into her sound but loved her cus she was so into it and having a great time

-Emma Feline - damn she had me and the dancefloor moving and grooving @ Buzz

-Karri-on - check her out @ 5 this Sat nite! I had the fortune to have her spin @ a house party of mine and she tore it up! if you like deep house, you'll really like this cutie of a girl dj

I think alot of the female DJs kick ass. I've seen Sandra Collins and Spacegirl at a rave on Long Island. Space girl was ok, but Sandra was amazing (I was really into trance at the time). She actually get's into the music which alot of DJs don't bother to do. I also saw DJ Irene in Detroit and she's ok if your into drop mixing. Mistress Barbra was amazing early this year when she played Tunnel.

All in all I think they have a chance. I don't really think they have to look good, but it never hurts! :)

Originally posted by malanee

I'm going to be up in NYC! Check your PMs.....

Hey Malanee!

Were you telling me to check my PMs?? If so, when I got on a window popped up saying I had a new private message and asked if I wanted to read it...clicked Yes of course which brought me to another page that said I had no new messages...actually no messages to read at all! Maybe I"m just a retard but this has happened the 2 times I've received PMs....am I doing someting wrong?

-YG ...a little slow at times:confused:

Hmmm, that's wierd! Have you tried clicking the PM link up at the top? Anyway, I was just wondering if you had more info on the female DJ who is spinning Saturday night. Is she from DC? Where does she usually spin? Do you know if she'll be spinning anywhere anytime soon!

Thanks!:cool: