Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior Vazquez party/residency at Earth has been cancelled

From a very reliable source:

"I just spoke to Junior and he said that he is in the process of severing all ties with Exit/Earth/Marvisi due to the type of crowd that turned out for his birthday party this past weekend. When he signed on to do Exit, he didn't realize the reprecussions of such a move...he thought that the whole crowd would be like it was in Twilo and even though a good percentage were his 'Chelsea Boys'...because Exit is so large, there was just too much room for 'other types' to get in. Originally, he was only going to do Exit for that one night, but he was convinced by management that the venue would be suitable for 'his crowd'...however, after the event, he was completely and utterly appaled at who/what turned out. He is now in the process of figuring out where he can move this party. His people are currently talking to the owners/management of NV on Spring street...Junior feels that the only way to keep his crowd, is to keep it downtown, even if that means moving his party to a much smaller venue. He is also in talks with Marc Berkley about doing something at Heaven in Chelsea. This is the only information I have at this point, but I'll keep you updated as things progress."

i dont have a problem with gay people what so ever but i dont wanna see exit turn into a gay club........so i have no problem with junior bitching and moaning and moving his party elsewhere.......exit needs to have rotating dj's on fri and sat............

Originally posted by msoprano13

i dont have a problem with gay people what so ever but i dont wanna see exit turn into a gay club........so i have no problem with junior bitching and moaning and moving his party elsewhere.......exit needs to have rotating dj's on fri and sat............

This is the point that people don't seem to get. Just because Junior spins in a club doesn't mean the club has to be gay. Fuck some people can be so ignorant...I mean look at Twilo??? Was it gay? Junior's party is Sunday morning...and only his party is gay. So Sunday will be a gay party at exit...capish msoprano?

bro i know exactly what you are saying and im not looking to get into an argument with you but when people were posting and saying that the door man was telling people "you know this is a gay party" personally that doesnt suite me to well.......i havent heard a story about a door man saying that this is a straight party.......thats all i have to say about this issue

*cough*

twilo

*cough*

rotating dj's friday nites and saturday til 6 then junior from 6 til the afternoon..

scenario could not be any more perfect..

bro i know exactly what you are saying and im not looking to get into an argument with you but when people were posting and saying that the door man was telling people "you know this is a gay party" personally that doesnt suite me to well.......i havent heard a story about a door man saying that this is a straight party.......thats all i have to say about this issue

1. They said a gay party...not a gay club. Since you said it yourself I'm glad you're understanding

2. The bouncers at Twilo did the same thing on Sunday morning to avoid any problems. When they see groups of guys that obviosly look straight they were warned that it was a gay party. They usually show up drunk and horny after the bars close and are expecting to pick up not see guys kissing. I think that's actually very cool cause most of the guys that are warned turn around and leave instead of paying $25 to find out it's not their scene.

A really reliable source:

Junior had a blast at his birthday party and would like nothing more than to establish his residency at Earth...the crowd that turned out was fierce and Junior was very pleased...I don't know where you get your information from, but honey...your misinformed

Originally posted by ooana

My gut is telling me that this is just a rumor. The party may not last long (I hope that isn't the case) but I do believe it'll run for at least a few months.

I'm with you Oo. It's completely bullshit. Everyone is soooo excited about the new space...if it were true everyone would be talking about it. So far nobody but Gravity mentioned it...

Originally posted by jhngrc

A really reliable source:

Junior had a blast at his birthday party and would like nothing more than to establish his residency at Earth...the crowd that turned out was fierce and Junior was very pleased...I don't know where you get your information from, but honey...your misinformed

Damn you sound familiar. Were part of the crew that had the Junior shirts toward the end?

I think this is THE most ignorant statement I have seen in a long time. In my opinion, Exit is the best room that the city has to offer Junior! AND you are totally contradicting yourself with the statement above, how can you have NO problem with gay people, but in the same sentence say.."I don't want to see Exit turn into a gay club!" It doesn't mean that Exit is going to turn into a gay club altogether... but as long as Junior plays there on Saturday nights...HIS crowd will be going and FYI.. HIS crowd is predominantly gay, therefore, the party will be a predominantly gay party I am just happy they also let straight people in too!

Originally posted by MarioNY

Exactly...everyone knew about Twilo! So why is everyone thinking that Exit is turning gay????

yup.. and thats one thing i really have to commend them on.. had an international flavor for friday nites and saturday nites earlier on, but that also included a lof of domestic talent as well.. and then had a true nyc party sunday morning w/ a junya, a staple of nyc clubbing for years..

yea i don't understand why people think exit is turning gay either..

Originally posted by lavendermenace

Wait a second,

Does anyone here actually still believe a word that Gravity posts?

Please tell me you're kidding.

:rolleyes:

He did cry wolf a few times but if I'm not mistaken there was one incident where he was serious...

No matter what the case in this situation I doubt this is true. Either his source is delusional or he's out having some fun.

PVD at the Culture Club this Saturday Gravity?