Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Global Underground DVD...

cooljunkie

So we just got hold of a copy of the new Global Underground DVD. Not sure if you know, but the guys who run it are legendary for their partying, and this documentary follows them around for a year recording all of the GU sets.

We'll watch it this weekend and try to get a review on the site next week. We've got a feeling it'll be really funny...

the .junkies.

cooljunkie_logo_box.gif

the release date is early/mid-september.

From the promo copies - one side is PAL and one side is NTSC or however that goes - so it doesn't matter WHERE you buy it.

James and Andy's antics on DVD - :eek: should be interesting... I've seen James phoning Sasha with his shoe - their party stories are beyond legenday

Global Underground is about to release their first ever DVD project due for a release on September 24. This special release contains interviews with

dj's Sasha, Danny Tenaglia and Dave Seaman. It also features the complete Channel 4 documentary ‘Getting Away With It’ when they followed the Boxed guys Andy & James as they travelled the world with the speed of sound. To different places from the GU mmix album concept like Ibiza, Buenos Aires and Uruguay. The DVD also features a 26 minute ambient film by the Digital Monkeys and a photo gallery by photographer Dean Belcher.

www.Xpander.nl

A lot of DVD players have a hidden function where region encoding can be disabled...:)

Easier even on a computer DVD, there's plenty of hacks that will intercept the region code call function, and substitute it with a null value...

I don't need to have a laptop in my junker of a Ford Taurus, but I will... :)

I fuck with the encoding just to say Fuck You to the DVD-CCA. The region coding is bullshit, especially for the rest of the world.

hehe :)

there is a great interview of dave seaman in a pool in buenos aries the day after he played at groovejet in june 1999. the next night he played the set that would become GU 012. i've had some pretty good times partying w/ andy and james here in miami. including this march with him giving me a piggy back ride around crobar, and introducing him to every girl he could find. those guys are true nutters. when i get home i'll post a pic of us. ;)

Originally posted by noira

the release date is early/mid-september.

James and Andy's antics on DVD - :eek: should be interesting... I've seen James phoning Sasha with his shoe - their party stories are beyond legenday

This is why I buy GU albums, for the stories contained in the liner notes. Screw the music. hehe