Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New York arrogance

New York ,WOW, great! Not at all. Why? I'm from Europe living in New York looking for a job as a manager or even bartender( have 8 Years experience) going around the City drop of my resumes in different clubs and does guys don't even have the manner to call me back. How can somebody like that be a manager of a business where good manner is the first priority. I see this Classifieds for Jobs which always says "...Years New York experience required"! What's going on here, have does guys ever been to Europe? Do they know what's going on over there? There is the scene going on, right? So you arrogant Owners, Managers and Bouncers come down. take a trip to London, Ibiza or just anywhere, take some nice pictures of a club, get some adresses of DJ's, come back and redesign lousy joints, get some original event started and than you should wish EVERYBODY welcome. Maybe than $ 20.- or more covercharge would be justified!

Shut the fuck up, go back to Europe then. If our clubs are so shitty then dont fuckin apply to them.

Hahaha you must feel like a real asshole that these "shitty" clubs and managers wont hire you. Sounds like to me you are only upset because you cant find a job.

Dont live in New York if are going to be a pussy, dont live in New York if you are going to bitch about every fuckin little thing that happens to you. I hate when foreignors complain about how shitty things are here. If you dont fuckin like it, then go back your own country. What a dumbass

And please, dont post on this board anymore. No one wants to read what you have to say, so save yourself some time and do it elsewhere.

Originally posted by cris00bra

New York ,WOW, great! Not at all. Why? I'm from Europe living in New York looking for a job as a manager or even bartender( have 8 Years experience) going around the City drop of my resumes in different clubs and does guys don't even have the manner to call me back. How can somebody like that be a manager of a business where good manner is the first priority. I see this Classifieds for Jobs which always says "...Years New York experience required"! What's going on here, have does guys ever been to Europe? Do they know what's going on over there? There is the scene going on, right? So you arrogant Owners, Managers and Bouncers come down. take a trip to London, Ibiza or just anywhere, take some nice pictures of a club, get some adresses of DJ's, come back and redesign lousy joints, get some original event started and than you should wish EVERYBODY welcome. Maybe than $ 20.- or more covercharge would be justified!

Ok. Your negative expierience came out of from the nightclub industry. What you have understand is that not the most competant people work in this industry. I remember once when I tried to contact a promoter about getting mein to an over 21 club and all he did was avoid my calls and say "oh oh call me back in an hour." I did this throughout the day with him and he never gave me an answer. So you see, it goes to show you the level at which you have to work with. I don't feel you need to take it pesonally. It happens to everyone.

Now, if you were looking for a job in a corperation, it would be someone's priority to look at your resume and call you back, or at the very least, email you to inform you of their situation.

NY arrogance is what someone in MY situation would exude. I'm in West Philly, and I've hardly met anyone from NY, so I obviously know that most of the people whom I've met want to know what it's like living back home. I've been dealing with it for 2 years now.

Oh, and one more thing. Don't get discouraged. There are TONS of nightclubs in city. Not all of them are ignorant.

Originally posted by impulse69

Shut the fuck up, go back to Europe then. If our clubs are so shitty then dont fuckin apply to them.

Hahaha you must feel like a real asshole that these "shitty" clubs and managers wont hire you. Sounds like to me you are only upset because you cant find a job.

Dont live in New York if are going to be a pussy, dont live in New York if you are going to bitch about every fuckin little thing that happens to you. I hate when foreignors complain about how shitty things are here. If you dont fuckin like it, then go back your own country. What a dumbass

And please, dont post on this board anymore. No one wants to read what you have to say, so save yourself some time and do it elsewhere.

How do you really feel?

BTW: bartending in england is like the lowest of the low jobs. here is cool to tend bar and you make fat dough. there, the bartenders don't even get tips, are the last person you want to know, etc. anyone can get a bartending job in england.

here bartending is just about the best job around. my buddy tends at L'Express (yeah, not even a great place) on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday only and makes more money in cash then i make working my 9 - 5.

there's usually a line of 50 - 100 people for every job opening, so you gotta know someone, pay your dues, etc.

oh yeah, NEW YORK CITY KICKS ASS!!!

lighten up eurodude!

It sounds to me like you have had a hard time and need to find someone/something else to blame. Begin to take ownership of your problems and remember this is your problem. Don't blame it on a city... GET REAL! There are about a billion bars in Tri-State and you can't find employment.........

Oh, it might help if you get into a New York state of mind.....

If that does not help, smoke a fatty. Altering your mind always works wonders.....;)

You can't blame an owner for wanting NY experience. I've also lived in Europe and you'll have to agree with me when I say there are differences. For starters most drinks are all called by name here. In Europe you'd say vodka orange not a screwdriver. This goes both ways...for example none of the local bartenders know how to mix a flaming greyhound and if I'm not mistaken commonly named drinks have different ingredients. The B-52 shots I had in Europe were a lot different!

you do realize how incedibly difficult a bartending position at clubs in the city is to come by, yes?

you act as if you're doign them a favor by leaving your resume.. and since when do people hear from employers who do not want them after dropping off a resume??

For some reason i'm not surprised about the messages i got back from you guys. So now i know why people i the here can't get in until they're 21. If you wanna know why see the infantil message i received. There is not even one message with style, character and written in a polite way. So anyway for this guys who have a error in the puberty, sorry for guys and suck your thumb. The eurotrash is gonna make it.

:D :D :D :D :D

For some reason i'm not surprised about the messages i got back from you guys. So now i know why people i the here can't get in until they're 21. If you wanna know why see the infantil message i received. There is not even one message with style, character and written in a polite way. So anyway for this guys who have a error in the puberty, sorry for guys and suck your thumb. The eurotrash is gonna make it.

yeah, u'r right. mine response was totally rude and insulting....if an informative email about what i know about the bartending scene here and in england that ends with "Lighten up Eurodude!" is infantile or not polite.

btw, my puberty's fine and i prefer to let others suck my thumb! if you wanted more support, try, "Damn its tough to get a bartending job here! Anyone got some ideas?"

hmmmm. a question instead of an attack! there's an idea....

good luck man :)

yea i lack style and character.. maybe you can help me out?

i havent' quite gotten a grasp on whining like a baby on a messageboard b/c i dropped my resume(since when do bartenders have resumes anyway??) off to a few clubs and they didnt' even bother to call me back and tell me i suck..

yeah I must admit I have no style, character, and was inpolite. So let me say this nicely Will you PLEASE stop complaining you whining little bitch and if you don't like it then PLEASE GO the fuck home. Thanks and I hope you have a great weekend and enjoyed your stay.

:blown:

Originally posted by launch

Highmay, you are the biggest asshole I have ever met. But for some reason you have compassion for this moron. I dont understand it one bit

...By the way, use my guestlist. hahaha

I have compassion for him because I understand what it is to deal with imcompetance in the nightlife industry. I'm not saying he was right to disrespect our tastes, which he wasn't.

When running a business, it is VITAL to treat everyone with a certain amount of respect. Not responding back doesn't show anything personal, but shows that the person in charge of making such decisions for, specifically in this example, the bar, doesn't understand that informing an applicant of their decision is better than saying nothing at all.

Someone alluded earlier in the thread that clubs have at least 40 to 50 applicants sign up for positions. That, on top of the other work they have wouldn't allow time to inform their candidates of the decisions that they have made. Well then, if major corperations, which hold a lot more importance to the nation's economy and person's livlihood, would do such actions to their potential employees, then they would be perceived as unprofessional and bloodless.

The bottom line is this: a job seeker has a right to know the direction a company is taking when they hire. The fact that someone from any of these clubs didn't call him back show the lack of skills showed forth by the club employees themselves, and not this guy. His ranting, though, showed that both this man and the clubs were wrong in their perceptions.

So that's why I have a bit of compassion for this man. Oh, and by the way everyone...LAUNCH GUESTLIST! SOUND FACTORY FRIDAYS!

Hey asshole....

I went to Ibiza and met plenty of Europeans that were pretty rude and upset that Americans were invading their country. I guess there is justice in the world, whats comes around goes around. If you don't like how we do things in the US, go fucking home!!!!