Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My First Real Job

last nite i graduated from the house party dj status. i can officially say i spun at a club. i was just filling in for the resident dj, but i got to spin and i got paid. it was at the groove lounge in long branch, nj last nite. the place wasnt that busy...in fact, my friends that i invited made up probably half of the crowd. actually u cant even call it a crowd. but i dont care, i got to do it, and it was a real job. i had to spin disco house, b/c that's the theme on wednesdays, a little different than what i normally spin, but i held my own. i had a blast. their dj booth is top of the line. 3 technics 1200's, rane mp-44 mixer, and a denon double cd deck. the effects machine unfortunately was not their last nite. the dj was at the dj expo in AC, so he must have took it with him.

check you out! i've spoken to you a few times a while back b/c people call me g spot too.... and we live fairly close to each other,

this girl im friends with told me about groove lounge and she's wanted to go for a while now. i work at Surf Club every weekend so i dont have a lot of time, but i wanted to check it out, and i def. will now ... ;)

when do you spin there?

pr27.gif

awwwww! look at the support ur gettin hunny! *hehe*... and u did a great job last night btw.... everything sounded good <even the matching of the beats> ;)u def did hold ur own and im gonna tell my brothers that and hopefully one day soon theyll decide to put u on regularly... mmmwah! :heart:

Originally posted by xpander

Hey congratulations XTC. Hope you don't forget people here when you're all big.

Best of luck with it. We should all come down and see you spin, maybe?

that would be a good idea, i'd love to have a cp meetup at the groove lounge, w/ dj ignite on the 1's & 2's, hehe.

i wanna thank everyone so much for all the support. now i remember why i love this board so much....all the people on here are mad cool. i hope i do get big, and when im the new resident at SF, cuz JP retired, i'll throw a special clubplanet party, and all the people i knew from way back when, when i was a cp redular, will all be invited. hahaha

Originally posted by nycsexkitten

hey kiddo, what do you spin... you remember you saying something about disco house. i have way too many connections than i know what to do with as far as DJs and record labels and whatnot, do you have a demo CD? maybe i could set something up for you,

tommychika.gif

i spun disco house that nite cuz that's the wed nite theme. im more into hard/progressive trance, and lately some tribal. i like discohouse, and could get into it more, but its not what i wanna do right now. i honestly dont think im ready to be making demo cd's for record labels. im a long way off from that. but all i do is practice, practice, practice. i WILL be big one day, cuz i am so determined to be.

YO G! I WASNT THERE TO SEE YOU SPIN AT GROOVE, BUT YOU DID AN AWESOME JOB AT MY HOUSE PARTY THE OTHER NIGHT. EVERYONE THERE HAD A GOOD TIME. I HAVE TO SAY I HAD THE BEST DJ AND BARTENDER ON HAND THAT NIGHT. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING AND HOPE TO DO IT AGAIN SOMETIME.....NICE SETUP BY THE WAY WITH THAT LIGHT....I LIKED THAT!