Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thu & Fri Vinyl Review, anyone?

I've never attended Vinyls before, but I really want to attend the Friday 'Just Be Yourself" Night cuz I only hear good reviews about the place. I know you probably want to hear from someone who has experienced the place first hand, but here is what I have heard from other people.

Friday nights there's no dress code, which is why they call it Just Be Yourself Night. A DJ Danny Tenaglia plays there. A lot of people go there just because of him. He plays all kinds of music, but no techno and trance :) And well, I hear that if you attend the Just Be Yourself night, if you wear jeans, you may get too sweaty and hot, so you should dress accordingly. Some men there even dance without their t-shirts.

And well, that's the best I can do for you. And once I experience this place first hand, I will give you the lowdown of my own preview.

Luis Diaz and Anatrig filled in for Danny while he is in Vegas (probably still spinning as I'm writing this).

I was slightly dissapointed in Luis Diaz because I've heard so many good things about him and I was expecting a little better. He plays some GREAT music, but his mixing has definitely seen better nights. I loved almost everything he dropped but he seem to bore the crowd with monotone songs, and he didn't really progress through the night. By the time he got hard, he had to leave and make way for Anatrig.

Anatrig spun a lot of Christopher Lawrence type trance, you could see that it definitly killed Danny's crowd. He DID, though, drop that "BUT THE SPIRIT SHALL REMAIN" song, and Ariel was going insane with the bright white lights. It definitly the highlight of my night.

The club was EMPTY, like very empty. There was a good portion of the Village clubbing crowd, but not the commercial, guido, "aaa oooo, whatha fuk que ue lookin at, eh??" crowd (which, thank god, still hasn't infiltrated that club). There were some cute girls here and there, but the hottest girls were the trannies, so that, as well, was dissapointing. I left at around 7. Good night.

tapestrybabe, thank you for your input , i've been to the place lots of time on fri, and its worth it, just a little too hot. i honestly would pay additional 5 buck if they add an AC.

and thanks Highmay, this was very informative!

Peace

P.S. I am planing to hit the place at around 6 or 7 on monday morning.

Originally posted by madrusso

tapestrybabe, thank you for your input , i've been to the place lots of time on fri, and its worth it, just a little too hot. i honestly would pay additional 5 buck if they add an AC.

I was there on thursday... felt like AC was installed in the chillout room in the back - felt great!

as for the floor, as you know, right now, I guess you just have a find a good spot underneath (or behind) one of the fans