Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review of World Party 9/2....

Party ended at 5:25 am. Closed it out with linabina, randall16, xtcgspot, and jester22

It surely was quite happening while Macguyver was spinning. I had been familiar with him playing a trancier sound years ago, so he played quite harder than I had expected. No offense to the MC (who is on this board), but during MacG's set, I thought he talked (to pump up the crowd) a little too much. :tongue:

Except for the epic trance in the beginning (stuff I love, but I thought a little fast for so early in the night - gotta build up to it, then it would be sweet) and the commercial stuff at the end, the stuff the other DJ's played were a little hard for my tastes, but the DJ's were tight.

The system was set up so that 3 DJ's could play at the same time. There was some tag-teaming happening early on. As the feature DJ's went on, there were times when another DJ did some throwing in of samples. However, I saw one of the consoles go unused.

The crowd seemed quite young, and I wondered about whether some people were even 18 (the age to get in). Or maybe I'm just getting old. In general, didn't seem like the friendliest bunch, but there were no incidents, and I could have very well been wrong about that impression.

Did anyone try to meet up? I went over to the place I suggested, not knowing that the hip hop floor would be there (sorry about that). I came by at around 2 am (and periodically later on), but didn't see anyone I recognized. Linabina (who spotted me much later) and I figured out a better spot for future meetups that may take place there.

Oh yeah, what is it about Rich Luzzi that makes people go so crazy over him? :)

My review....

Arriving at the club at 9 P.M. I did not know what to expect.

..... 12 AM rolled by and the place looked like it was getting packed.

After the Rich Luzzi, Devotion & Onevoice performance...

Macguyver finally came on and I was very impressed. He started it off with of course... AGE OF MACHINES into his newest track yet... (forgot the name , heard it again back at his hotel- TIGHT)

After Mac closed it off at 3, Justin Higgins came on and ripped the place up. (hey we took some live footage again, so look for them on the website soon...)

The MC was Dj Halo-Halo . lolzzz yea he might have went nuts. lol

Overall... the club was ok. all AC'd up, nice 32" sony xbr flatscreen hdtv's (there was about 20 of them), and a half decent system (the hiphop room system was garbage) even though the DJ's were dope!

Good night all and Thank You for all those who showed.

Hope you all had a fine time :P

-realz

I thought the party at the World wasn't too good. I'm sorry to Harry and whoever else that worked hard to promote this event but...that's my opinion. Got there after 12 so had to pay 30 to get in (my friends came in later and paid $35...whats witht the cover charge?). 1st off, the place got too packed...it's got a pretty small dancefloor and around 2 it was packed to the limit...no space to move. The performances were alright but any1 that's seen Rich Luzzi once won't be impressed the next time at all. I also thought the vibe was pretty weak...not too many people dancing, just looking around, watching kids with glowsticks. It got better once Macguyver came on...but the MC didn't let the energy build up...every time I would start getting a feel for a song, he would come on the mike and sorta kill it. If he's a CP member...sorry bro, I just think you overdid it a bit. Justin was good too, his mixing was tight but I just wish he'd played some new tracks. lol I know I've found fault with almost everything there...sorry, I just didn't have a good time. The club itself is nice tho, I liked the layout and the TVs were awesome.

Well I can't say I loved it, but I thought the night was ok.

Not allot of drama was going on that's for sure. I gotta

agree on the sapce comments their is lts of dead room, but

the sound system on the main floor was pretty good. You could

feel it all the way in the back. The night it self was great although yeah the crowd did seem mad young. Loved Macguyver and i thought the crowd on the floor was pretty jumping Although I gotta temper my opinion a bit since I comped in by a DJ, I don't know what I would have thought if I paid 35 big ones.

:tongue:

Peace all ....

Originally posted by jester22

realz..i ws so fucked up last night at world....i actually was out on the main floor and the side bar most of the night...where were u at? did like the place?

it started off at the hiphop (table area).... then as soon as dj macguyver came on, I was backstage chilling with him, justin, dj n3ck (morphium phase - hardtracks), halo-halo, rich the riddler, travis, & 3 of my friends :] HAD a great time.. (those drink comps came in handy :X)