Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJs please help me out here..

loua

Hey Im looking for that perfect house/trance mixer that will last me for about a year.

-gemini PS676 Pro2 - $169.99

-vestax PCV-175 DJ Mixer - $369(kinda high for me)

-vestax PCV-275 DJ Mixer - $420(kinda high for me)

-Stanton rm-3s - $200(I heard this one wasnt too great because

of no headphone cueing) it says it has a headphone output?

-Numark - DM1295 - $299

-Any other mixers?

as u can see i did alot of research but i have no clue what half the stuff means. Plz help me out here... Recommend me anything that I havent mentioned.....

thanx for readin

here's what you do go to sam ash or if you can get somewhere better in the city go and check out what they have set up in the store and tell the sales person what you are looking for (do not buy anything on the spot) try some stuff out and see what you like and are comfortable with then go home and search the internet. (stay away from used mixers you will be asking for trouble) well i hope this helped...................later...............

A good beginner mixer would be the Gemini BPM 500. A great mixer, and will lost you a long time. I hate all Gemini haters, because Gemini makes good quality equip. Especially mixers. I would go with the PS676 Pro2. Its the cheapest, and it's definetley an awesome mixer that will last you.

I HAVE A PS 900 AND I ENJOY USING IT I'VE HAD IT ABOUT 2 YEARS AND NO PROBLEMS, IT'S GOT A BUILT IN SAMPLER THAT I NEVER USE. I DONT KNOW HOW ANYONE WOULD BUY A MIXER WITHOUT HIGH MID AND LOW KNOBS . WHEN I PLAY OUT AND THE MIXER DOESN'T HAVE EM IT ANOYS ME. I GUESS IT'S ALL PREFERENCE.

No offense to anyone...I just dont like gemini though...i've had 2 of them...they feel plasticy and cheap, and overall just dont last (me) maybe i'm just rough - but seeing as how niether of the mixers ever left my house....i dont see how thats possible. Anyway, then i got the rm-3...thought it was nice, but didn't like the fact that i couldn't check the pgm level before i went live....now i have a vestax rotary....the pmc 26....it doesnt have eq's.......contemplating gettin an outboard....but the rotaries..mmmmmmmmmm....silky without a doubt! you said it though, its all preference....you can use a goddamn realistic radio shack mixer, if it sounds good then it sounds good (although i dont think thats too likely:-) )