Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vinyl last night?

dolik

It was off the hook. It was nice to finally some peeps from the board - I met highmay, smokey, teklord, and bunch of others - sorry I can't remember you all. I forget who I met first, but I sat down next to some girl who is from NJ in the lounge area. She introduced herself and then saids something about PS1, and I asked her if she posted on CP - she said yes and introduced me to some of you - that was really nice of you thanks. Then highmay and later teklord introduced some more people - thanks to both of you. Shit, my friends left early,because the weren't into the music. I didn't want to leave, but then thought maybe I should go. But I decided to chill and met whole bunch of cool people. The one thing that does suck is that I lost my cell phone.

howells was I N C R E B I B L E...i had to leave at 5...someone tell me how it went...hour after hour he progessed louder and louder...smooth as silk mixin....every fuckin track was on point...he used the same light man the works with dt...he was illin hard...thursday kleinenberg boat party...hope you all roll with me

vision

Yo! I wasn't really a fan of Vinyl before because I went to DT like 2 months ago and left around 5 or so. I didn't realize that most of the djs there start out slow and get progressively harder towards the end. Well Howells definetely did this, being my first time hearing him. Later on in the evening he was really cranking it up and dropping some great underground beats, I could only ID like 2 tracks... maybe because I don't really follow him.

Crobra - nice meeting you man. Hope to see you out more often, sorry to hear about your cellphone. Maybe someone will find your # in it and return in.

I stayed till about 9:00 because I was still wrecked from Timo at Centro. So it's all good. I gotta get some more rest tonight. What an awesome weekend!!! peace

Cobra that was me :)

I was sitting with my friend Dave (not CP) and I brought Highmay over and then the crew came together....those of you I met over by the front speaker nice to see ya I was so happy mission was accomplished and now I can place faces to you guys.......

I didn't see any of the women there though....or do I just not remember ?

music was soooooooo good especially after 5.....vibe was great..(made up for the poor one at centro sat)...saw my old Twilo crew there....left at 9:30ish

mugz--> you missed one hell of a time..you were in spirit :)

barvybe-->I have an appointment with you on the dancefloor next time if I'm not injured and you can keep rhythm hehe

Cobra--> don't feel bad...I lost 50 dollars (all the money to my name till I get paid) and got my eye bashed in by a girl with a really hard head and almost fell off the speaker I was dancing on because it knocked the wind out of me :( the women I work with tommorow are going to be wondering what I was doing on my Monday off....

Highmay-->cutie! Tecklord-->nice to meet ya! If I forgot anyone I'm sorry it was nice to see you all :)

Took a nap but still haven't slept yet....too much of a good weekend and good people.......want to hit Centro Wed but I have no money now :(

well, we'll see :)

Originally posted by snoozi8

barvybe-->I have an appointment with you on the dancefloor next time if I'm not injured and you can keep rhythm hehe

Cobra--> don't feel bad...I lost 50 dollars (all the money to my name till I get paid) and got my eye bashed in by a girl with a really hard head and almost fell off the speaker I was dancing on because it knocked the wind out of me :( the women I work with tommorow are going to be wondering what I was doing on my Monday off....

Highmay-->cutie! Tecklord-->nice to meet ya! If I forgot anyone I'm sorry it was nice to see you all :)

Snoozi! How's your head girl!? Finally spotted you on the speaker at 8am. Hey now, i had my rhythm back! Just jealous cause i wasn't dancin' with ya? Well next time we'll both be in good form (my with rhythm, you without that bump on your head). Sat. at Timo i got all dizzy and couldn't even find the floor let alone the beat!

Highmay - missed you again - and Teklord, Crobar and others. All these close encounters - i'm sure we all would recognize each other at this point :) danced the night away right near where you all were - under the fan near the speaker at the VIP window. Me = guy in black tank and pants, black sneaks with white laces that danced from 4 till close right there....<sigh>...could have stayed another 4 hours.

a great night...HOWELLS is GREAT!!! his closing songs had me all pumped up again.

Danny HoweLLS was fuckin amazing ..

The music just tripped me out .. i was right in the front with a white half sleeve T shirt and danced all night .. i left vinyl around 9 am .. but his set was really off the HOOK...

Cant really make it on Dave ralph cause i will be working the next DAY

BUT IM READY FOR MAX GRAHAM AND SANDRA COLLINS ON SATURDAY @ ROXY .....

its goin to be awesome .......

What time did the place finally shut down. We got there at 7:30am driving in from CT and they weren't letting anyone else in! We planned ahead and fell asleep early Sunday night at 10pm to get up at 4am to drive 2 hrs to NYC and then couldn't even get in! Ended up walking around the city at 7:30 am and then going to Coney Island. Never been there. I was so looking forward to seeing Danny and checking out Vinyl...better luck next time. I thought that the parties especially on Labor Day weekend would have gone longer. What time did it actually shut down...and why wouldn't they let us in at 7:30, if it sounds as though most of you were there until at least 9:30!!!!!

Originally posted by roxxy0131

What time did the place finally shut down. We got there at 7:30am driving in from CT and they weren't letting anyone else in! We planned ahead and fell asleep early Sunday night at 10pm to get up at 4am to drive 2 hrs to NYC and then couldn't even get in! Ended up walking around the city at 7:30 am and then going to Coney Island. Never been there. I was so looking forward to seeing Danny and checking out Vinyl...better luck next time. I thought that the parties especially on Labor Day weekend would have gone longer. What time did it actually shut down...and why wouldn't they let us in at 7:30, if it sounds as though most of you were there until at least 9:30!!!!!

That totally sucks!!!! They kicked us all out at 10 or 10:15. He was great. Don't know why they wouldn't have let anyone else in unless there was some weird law / regulation / permit thing about allowing entrance past a certain time. It seems that they had to kick us out because of something like that cause there were still serveral hundred of us left and Danny was having a great time :)

Yeah, I don't know why they wouldn't let us in...we could've had a nice 3 hours anyway! I thought that Vinyl stayed open even later than that? We were thinking of trying Exit, but then thought that they'd probably close too...does anyone know what time they closed? Had fun regardless...with my man. Just wanted to dance!!!!

I too tried to get into Vinyl at 8am, but was refused. They made it sound like they had shut the doors 2 minutes earlier, but it now looks like it was more like a 1/2 hour earlier. I was hoping to get in and meet up w/the friends I'd hung out with on Sat. at Timo Maas. Earlier that nite, we went to Exit for the Electric Circus 3 party, only to be greeted by some guy on a corner handing out directions to the new venue of the party since Exit had been closed down due to 'drug violations' the night b4. New venue: Amzora Ballroom in Queens! Not to mention 2/3rds of the acts had been cut, including the 2 main ones I wanted to see (and I came down from Toronto!). Regardless, we had a good time there, but only to find out it was closing at 7 instead of 9 am if it had been at Exit. So, we left at 6:45 to make it over to Vinyl, only to be refused. Lame.

BTW - as i wandered around NYC all day on Monday on my extended labor day weekend sleep deprivatin tour, i couldn't resist wandering into HMV and picking up Howell's Nocturnal Frequencies 3. If I close my eyes, I'm still jumping around near the speakers, stage right, all sweaty, smiling and happy as hell :)

I'm sitting at my desking bouncing all around my space - he spun a lot of this jungly dark stuff at vinyl, and there's a cool but short interview at the end of disc 1.

Right now Slam - Life Times is on. Totally digging the baseline. mmmmmmmm.

Originally posted by barvybe

BTW - as i wandered around NYC all day on Monday on my extended labor day weekend sleep deprivatin tour, i couldn't resist wandering into HMV and picking up Howell's Nocturnal Frequencies 3. If I close my eyes, I'm still jumping around near the speakers, stage right, all sweaty, smiling and happy as hell :)

I'm sitting at my desking bouncing all around my space - he spun a lot of this jungly dark stuff at vinyl, and there's a cool but short interview at the end of disc 1.

Right now Slam - Life Times is on. Totally digging the baseline. mmmmmmmm.

yeah no doubt Slam is a phat vocal...i have the orginial @ home..the remix is not as good..

and no doubt he was Realy good...

that man is a genius - if you looked up and watched as he

rocked the booth you didn't see him ignore the crowd once

- on pont -

the heat and the crowd were a little extreme but I lived-

parked my ass in front of a fan whenever I had a chance -

this was my first time at Vinyl and the venue wasn't bad

but it must be the crowd the brings on all the hype

cool people - nice atmosphere - had the time of my life

Danny Howells was flawless and I loved how he worked his set-

first couple hours it was slower bass lines with a lot of breakdown points and towards the end he dropped crazy beats and had the crowd jumpin

security was a little strict but a least that assures that Vinyl will be

hoppin for a long time

Peace

Shine(a new founded DH groupie )

P.S. I saw a little wizard shakin his ass next to the booth around

4 - was that the infamous Myrlin ? the guy that used to post here?

just curious