Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review and questions about Sundaze II....

prplhz

First of all, I would like to start off by saying that I enjoyed Sundaze II, but would have had a better time if it was held Thompson Island. Damn those officials....

But a couple of questions that I have, who was spinning on the outdoor stage at say about 5:30-6pm? I think he was the last DJ to spin outside.... And also, who was the person that was spinning after DJ Manolo? I had a set listing but misplaced it before going on sunday.

Okay, just want to give a little props to Manolo. This guy was great, I had seen him many a time at Avalon on Saturdays and really didn't realize how much they had surpressed his real music taste, because frankly he was off the hook at Sundaze II. Getting the crowd going and getting me out onto the dance floor for practically his whole set, so much props Manolo, hope to be able to see you spinning again sometime!

Whoever was spinning after Manolo was really good as well. Spinning all of the dance favorites, he kept me dancing after Manolo had gotten me off of my lazy ass.... lol

And the guy who was out on the decks outside for the last session of the day was really good, getting the vibe going. The only thing I thought should have been changed about his set was that damn system he was spinning on, it kept skipping! So really good set, just terrible system.

Overall, I had a good time at Sundaze. Unfortunetly, there weren't more people there and too bad it wasn't held on the island because I feel it would have been much better. Better luck next year on the island, thanks for the good time!

Mike Macaluso spun after Jeremy & Manny. He spins a lot better than he produces IMO..The Final Chapter (both parts) is on my top 5 cheesiest anthems ever...it's right up there with Relentless & Zombie :)

Manny's anxious to start spinning again every week.....between Rise on Friday & Sundaze on Sunday he's really starting to sound like himself again!

oxox

No Dj Bossi (from Cosmic Gate) was on after Mike.....Cosmic Gate is responsible for tracks such as Somewhere over the Rainbow & Firewire.....Dj Bossi is from Germany & Mike is American :)

I missed Bossi but I did hang out with him before his set...he was pretty nice too. At 11:30 we went upstairs for VIP to hear tasty...and he was sick :)

xoox

sparkem00 - Mikes new stuff is off the hook to say the least... I heard a couple of tracks of his and they are real good. If you like tribal/techouse etc..

Sundaze was pretty cool. I said hello to Mike when he was spinnin and I felt bad for the guys that played because the monitors in the DJboothe were crap and the system was overpowering the boothe...horrible. Manolo and Mikes sets were good more of the stuff im into.Props to all....

peace.