Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any ex-Twilo peeps on this board?

a1wave

Oh boy, I would just have to tell you how much I love(d) Twilo. It was a super club, my first Twilo experience was PVD in March of 2000, and I went back for every PVD until the last time that he played, never missed a beat... I would just have to say that I have missed my times of driving from Boston to Twilo just to party all night long with the coolest people with the best vibe. Boy I miss that place, the clubs here in Boston have had some pretty good DJ's in the past year, but nothing can compare to the hours that the DJ's played for and the vibe that place put out. I was in NYC about 2 1/2 months ago to go to Vinyl and when I was leaving to come home, I drove by where Twilo used to be only to see the awning down and the place all closed up, it was almost saying to me that it was definetly the signal of the end of an era.... RIP Twilo

yeah, the vibe and the people... I actually haven't been to Twilo that many times at all, but it was the best... and the people I know who are Twilo peeps are the best...

Vinyl for DH this past Sunday was reminiscent of Twilo.. the Twilo wizard was there as were many other Twilo peeps...

something will emerge... it has to :)

• 2 weeks later...

A world without thumbs :)

The story starts a long time ago on an unrecognizable street in the heart of Chelsea – the ‘alternative’ area of this great city. A club called TWILO situated West 27th pretty ordinary looking, just a simple black tent with TWILO written in bold white letters on the outside. A parking garage located right opposite the entrance, and on the cross street, a couple of deli’s and gas stations. Monday through Thursday that one street was like the thousands of other small alleys around this city, nothing exceptional. Yet every Friday and Saturday night this quiet location seemed to take on an entirely new entity. Hoards of people, pouring out of the subway, pouring out of their Porsches, their BMW’s, their Mercedes, their Limousines all-waiting patiently in line, small smiles on the faces of the regulars, and looks of anxious anticipation on the faces of the newcomers, not knowing what to expect. The quickening of the pulse as you approached the front of the line, presenting your ID with your birth-date on it to the bouncers, and proceeding through the doors with a feeling that you had to feel to believe. Passing through the familiar metal detectors, walking up to the cash machine and being charged $5 for it’s use J to withdraw the money to pay the cover charge to get into TWILO. It is at this point that you hear the faint strains of the beautiful bass wafting from the Phazon sound system, famous for it’s clarity and depth. After paying and handing the small ticket to the bouncer, you walk up the stairs and leave your coat at a coat check the size of some other clubs around the city. Back down the stairs into the lounge area outside the dance floor, looking around, seeing familiar faces, watching the huge grins as recognition dawns. Walking through the arches straight onto the dance floor, watching the crowd in a frenzy bouncing to the music that is pumping so loud now, that you can hardly hear yourself think. The energy so thick, it can be cut with a knife, the love so deep it does your heart good just to take a walk through the dance floor, and a respect in the air that catches you in it’s grip and holds you as your eyes turn upwards in awe as the DJ on the platform a little bit higher than the main dance floor spins his tunes, expressing himself in a way that only very few know how to do.

I miss it.

Originally posted by a1wave

yeah, the vibe and the people... I actually haven't been to Twilo that many times at all, but it was the best... and the people I know who are Twilo peeps are the best...

Vinyl for DH this past Sunday was reminiscent of Twilo.. the Twilo wizard was there as were many other Twilo peeps...

something will emerge... it has to :)

don't think we've met???

DH back at Vinyl 10/13 though. i'll be there again till close :)

yeah, I'm new up here in Boston... I'm new from DC.. trying to learn about the scene here... figure Twilo peeps are good to ask :) any suggestions? looks like avalon is one place since they seem to get big names...

I'm definitely going down for DH on the 13th... he rocked on Labor Day... man, it was good.. my DC peeps are going to Buzz on Oct 12 and then to Vinyl on 13th

Originally posted by maw

I was always bigger on sf

well, NOTHING is like SF. no place ever had as much energy as the floor when JP is on...

Twilo did have the BEST SOUND SYSTEM bar none on the east coast if not the US. And they had crazy good talent coming in.

just different places.

personally i liked the SF crowd better but the Twilo tunes