Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Kudos to MTv

I just noticed they are beginning to play some junlge in their commercials! *ULTRA FABU* !! We need to get jungle more known on the East Coast. Its such incredible music, fast paced, and way fun to rawk down to.

Let's see if more people get turned on to it over here. I'd hate to have to travel back to Seattle just to get a real good fix. But this, this looks promising for all jungle & break beat fans out there other then myself!

~misskittie~kAt~

A lot of people are playing jungle in their ads now from car commercials to web providers.

I just saw this one car commercial last night where the grim reaper is chasing this car while riding a horse. And they're playing Brainbug's "Benedictus" for the music. I almost lost my dinner on the spot.

Originally posted by rubyraks

its about time!!!

thats exactly what Im sayin'!!! I love the NYC scene but I think we need more breakbeats and jungle around here in the scene. I love the house and trance and tribal but I want more! More damn it!

Im actually talkin to some DJs on the West coast through email who are working on getting gigs out here. Cross your fingers cuz they're H.O.T.T.

~misskittie~kAt~ check out www.360bpm.com if youre interested in who Im talkin about!

many many commericals use jungle in their ads, for a long time now. most people just don't notice it, since it's only for a few seconds, and many people can't identify it as "jungle" anyway. the commerial that mtv is using the jungle in is for the video awards, among others. miss kitty kat, you don't need to go to the west coast to get yer jungle fix. there's a jungle weekly every night in nyc, there are random jungle parties often enuff (everyone best be at the limelight on sept 14th), jungle room at every rave, blah blah blah. true you would have to travel outside of nyc for the bigger names, uk dj's and such, but if ya want jungle, it's here. werdup.

p.s. mtv is lame.

p.p.s that's an understatement..............to the tenth power........................................

I'm lookin for a jungle party ON THE WEEKEND! When I come into the City on weeknights, I dont wind up leaving until 4am which is my problem.

Ill most likely check out that rave at Limelight though and see how it is. But what I meant baout West Coast was, everywhere I practically went, there was Jungle playing and the scene is crazy! The places all had this vibe that was unlike any party out here. But they also had a much stronger appreciation for the style of music....East Coast wont relaly have that in my opinion b/c its not that known out here per se. See what I mean? Im soooooo down to go to some nights for this out here and check it out. Im DYING for it actually.

And MTv being cheese...I agree 100% but I reconized the tracks thats why I said Kudos to them! I dont watch television unless Im sick in bed so I dont get to see what music is being played in commercials and so on.

Thanks for the 411!

~misskittie~kAt~

Originally posted by misskittie

The places all had this vibe that was unlike any party out here.

this is jungle.

my saturday night spot is baktun. the "vibe" and energy is there (as it is at every jungle party...for me anyway).

anyway, yeah seattle got it goin on..as does san fran, l.a.,

ill-adelphia, and d.c.

Originally posted by misskittie

I'm lookin for a jungle party ON THE WEEKEND! When I come into the City on weeknights, I dont wind up leaving until 4am which is my problem.

...East Coast wont relaly have that in my opinion b/c its not that known out here per se.

~misskittie~kAt~

Well, well..

another one craves the breakes in this Four on Four city of ours..

WELL LOOK NO FURTHER LITTLE KITTY!

Drum and bass has been a stapple of the NYC underground for quite some time...

The reason it's not so obviouse to the masses of clublnad is because unlike all the Euro-trance and House it's retained

a more "under the carpet" aproach to promote itself..

You wont see MODELS or fake boob implants and glam at too many D&B parties..

What you will find are JUNGLE HEADZ that love the breaks and have known about it for years..

LOOK AND YOU SHALL FIND:

*MUGZ D&B PARTY FAVS:

BAKTUN SATURDAYS.

www.DirectDrive.com

TESTPRESS SUNDAYS

@ drinkland

MUTINY (Indian tabla drum & Bass parties)

*check web sight for location of parties

www.mutinysounds.com

AND THERE ARE MANY MORE PARTIES AT LOCATIONS ACROSS THE CITY: (check club listings for exact days)

Guernica (I think Tuesdays)

Izzy Bar (Thursdays with ocassional monthly's by DB & DARA)

http://www.satellite-records.com/

OPEN AIR (I think Sundays is intelligent Drum and bass night)

KONKRETE JUNGLE (Monday's @ Pyramid)

Halcyon (Check for dates)

BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO HIT UP AN AMAZING D&B EVENT CHECK OUT:

LTJ BUKEM> FRIDAY 14th @ LIMELIGHT

W/

Nookie

MC CONRAD

DJ seoul

CASsien

(in the chappel)

Mixmaster morris

DJ swingset

Lisa Shaw

Doomer

Reid Speed

Hope this junglemugwump helped ya out..

EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS..

Diversity is the key of life!

Hope to see you @ one of these events..

:idea:

Had my first encounter about 2 years ago with Jungle out in LA and my first "club" experience. It rocked. Wish I could hear some of those breakbeats now. Fat little club called the Key Club then an afterhours party on Sunset strip. Forgot the name. Great vibe and people. Can't wait to get back to LA.