Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The New Liquid

namxaw

As the original resident, playing both fridays and saturdays every weekend for the first 2 years liquid was open, I have this simple comment...

What a poor pathetic attempt to recreate a club that should be left as a fond memory in the back of our minds. Do they really think they can bring the magic back? Such a disgrace!

Anyone want to place bets on how long it stays open? I bet it dosen't last as long as Fuel did. I think it will close before new years....

What do you think?

David Waxman

I don't even know why they bought the name!

They obviously will never come anywhere near Liquids glory days. The original Liquid crew can claim as much influence as anyone for the club scene in Miami. Liquid should rest in peace with fond memories from years past.

They should have just bought a Baja-Beach Club franchise. But as for New Years... well any piece of shit tourist trap can survive the winter, but it will be gone by the end of spring.

I would not want to be the bank that finances this one.

-Shroomy.... old enough to remember :(

so I take it your not accepting any job offers from them? :)

I agree with you 100% David ... Liquid defenitely cannot be recreated, just like many other infamous clubs on the beach. They can't bring the magic back, I'll find it to be impossible. It's all about vibe, locale, DJ's, music, and everything in between. The only thing they have going for them is the name, oh and wet t-shirt trance nights ( whatever! :rolleyes: ) ... As a patron that's supported you and went to Liquid for over a year, I also find it sorta disrespectful. I don't know how long they are going to be open, but your probably on the money

Danny

I remember reading in all the magazines about 4-5 years ago, how liquid had changed the clubbin' experience in the states, not just in Miami! All the talent, the celebrities, the cool crowd, etc. It was huge! I came down a little over a year ago and was surprised to find out how bad liquid actually sucked! I guess it was just bad timing, clubs have a small window. I guess its better to burn out then fade away?

Here's my question: was it really that good? I made it out to Twilo last december, and before then I had gone to the old sound factory to see junior vasquez spin........and those clubs were just insane! I'm wondering if liquid had the same.....superclub vibe!

Liquid had a vibe of its own. On any given night, you could catch Demi Moore or prince or madonna dancing with the regulars. even though it wasn't a huge space, it had a vibe that can;t be compared to anything else. Liquid was definitely the bomb, but you cant compare it to twilo or sound factory. It had low ceilings an amazing sound and a decadence to it that will never be recreated....Did I mention how great the music was there? Here are my top 10 liquid anthems:

1- lil mo yin yang "reach"

2- S.N.S. "YDW"

3- CJ Bolland "sugar issweeter"

4- tori amos "professional widow"

5- top kat "feel cool"

6- afrowax "english 101 (can you understand english)"

7- afrowax "what is your problem"

8- nin "closer to god (bootleg)"

9- faithless "insomnia"

10- Danny Tenaglia "Oh no"

Originally posted by shroomy

They obviously will never come anywhere near Liquids glory days. The original Liquid crew can claim as much influence as anyone for the club scene in Miami. Liquid should rest in peace with fond memories from years past.

I have to agree. the format looks horrible. the final months of liquid, was frightening to witness. I’m happy recalling the killer nites; I had at liquid.

the miami nite club scene needs a shot of adrenaline. .

peace, sobeton

• 2 weeks later...

I think the reopening of Liquid at the Shawdow lounge is a much needed shot in the arm for a dying South Bch club scene.It is my understanding that the people connected to Liquid are commited to bringing the top DJ'S in the dance movement as well as completly redoing the sound and lighting in the club.I think everyone who jumps on the bashing bandwagon should think before they speak cause I think it will far surpass the old Liquid nightclub.I also know first hand that the celebrity connection to this Liquid is far greater than than that of the old Liquid.If your in the know than I think you'll find yourself at liquid.I say Liquid will ROCK!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Originally posted by pauloak

I think the reopening of Liquid at the Shawdow lounge is a much needed shot in the arm for a dying South Bch club scene.It is my understanding that the people connected to Liquid are commited to bringing the top DJ'S in the dance movement as well as completly redoing the sound and lighting in the club.I think everyone who jumps on the bashing bandwagon should think before they speak cause I think it will far surpass the old Liquid nightclub.I also know first hand that the celebrity connection to this Liquid is far greater than than that of the old Liquid.If your in the know than I think you'll find yourself at liquid.I say Liquid will ROCK!!!!!!!!!:cool:

speaking as part of the "bashing bandwagon". Lol I await with measured anticipation; the arrival of liquid. actions speak volumes.. :) laterz, sobeton

I don't think it's a matter of jumping on the bashing bandwagon... It's simply a matter that the first impression we got from Liquid was from it's website... and it's website just gives the impression of a highly cheezy venue. The whole wet tshirt contest, wettest dance trance parties, and ladies wrestling deal just doesn't do it for me.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the whole wet tshirt, girls parading around w/ there (*)(*) hanging out deal. But if I want to see that I'll go to a strip club or to some joint up in Daytona Beach.

I go to clubs here to listen and dance to some good music and to hang out and be surrounded by people on that same wavelength. As far as the celebrity connection to the places I go to... Honestly, I don't really give.... a rats ass...(to put it nicely)

As for bringing in top DJ's in redoing the sound and lighting system... that's great. I give Liquid props for that.

It's just the rest of the concept is not really my scene.

But, hey, if that's your thing... then enjoy.

Originally posted by pauloak

I think everyone who jumps on the bashing bandwagon should think before they speak cause I think it will far surpass the old Liquid nightclub.I also know first hand that the celebrity connection to this Liquid is far greater than than that of the old Liquid.If your in the know than I think you'll find yourself at liquid.I say Liquid will ROCK!!!!!!!!!:cool:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

oh yeah...i needed a good laugh today!!

Hey wax I could tell you never been to the real liquid back in the days. Buy the way Eddie X. was the orginal resident of Liquid when it open its door. After coming from California. not only that Saturdays were for guest dj (Lord G., Victor Calderone before going to (H2O on Sundays), Edgar V.,Oscar G., Razor -N- Guido, Dj Escape, Danny Tenaglia and etc. Nice try in tring to be David Waxman

Peace

Oldskool

My 2 cents:

1st

I agree with what Diego had to say on how my first impression of Liquid was by its website. I thought it was reallllly cheeezzy and not a top notch website like the major clubs have (Level,Crobar,Space) I think they could of done job better than that. I mean your spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to make a club work your going to need to spend some loot on your site.

2nd

PaulOaken you say that they are going to have top notch djs and celebrities? Are you kidding me what top notch dj like sasha, oakenfold, deep dish, danny tenaglia is going to want to spin at a wet t shirt party? They will take one look and walk out the door.

3rd

The place has potential I mean it is a famous spot on the beach cause shadow had a great success there. I think with the right setting and right atmosphere and (PROMOTERS) cause promoters play a big part in the acts coming in and in the crowd. If they change the whole wet t shirt party thing and make into something different but classy they should do better. No crowd that likes wet T shirt parties are going to buy bottles and thats where clubs make the big money !!

Tony E mail me with your number if you can....

Hey old skool, I guess you need to be educated a little. YES, I was the original resident at liquid, maybe it was before your time. In case you didn't know, eddie x came in AFTER the club was open for a year and a half, and I left and got a residency at Twilo.

And YES this is David Waxman. If you don't believe me, stop by the booth at Crobar this saturday night and ask me...

I don’t question whether it is actually David or not. What I question is why is he a hypocrite? I mean when you say that it’s a pathetic attempt at recreating the past I say this…”Who said anything about recreation”. It appears as if they just wanted the name and logo. Smart business if you ask me. If they wanted to bring the old liquid back to life, wouldn’t they have offered you a job along with a lot of other former employees? Did they contact you? Not that you would accept the job, but did they? It seems to me that your publicly condemning their efforts is in poor taste. What would happen if they were successful? Will you eat your words and just as publicly apologies? I personally am surprised that someone as prominent in the dance music industry would be so foolish as to shit where they eat. Nightclubs help pay your bills even if you don’t like all of them. Shame on you for your poor pathetic attempt!

Further evidence of hypocrisy.

The list of Liquid anthems includes a bootleg version of NIN “Closer to God”. Do you support not giving the artist their royalties? In addition to that wouldn’t Trent Reznor have approved the track if he liked it? Clearly you think its o.k. to use someone else’s name to elicit a response from the general public. Liquid is obviously doing the same. Is it o.k. for you and not for them?

Sorry to have to say this Mr. Waxman, but “Your actions are disheartening to me”. It bothers me when someone I look up to sinks to such depths.

I guess we all have our bad days.:confused:

I wanted to find out exactly what all the talk was about this wet-tshirt night everyone was talking about.Let me first say that the wet-Tshirt stuff is for an off night when they are doing boxing and stuff like that.It takes place on a tuesday night when thier is nothing happening anyway.It's takes nights like these to support great nights like thier thursday and saturdays are sure to be.I don't think there's anything wrong with taking one night out of a seven night week and supporting the torrist on South Beach with something to do.And by the way.Have you ever heard of blind boxing.They put cow bells around your waist and put blind folds on you and let you go at it.If anything,It makes for some laughs on an otherwise boring night.Second,They have already signed Tom Laroc as thier Res.DJ for thier Hip Hop nights and if you know anything about all music then you know the caliber of DJ they've gotten for that venue.So I belive it's safe to say they will bring in Top notch dance dj's as well.As far as all the Liquid name references thier sure to happen until it opens then it will stand on it's own and givin the location and people involved I feel that people will love the new liquid better.They have redone thier web site it should be done by tues or weds.Check it out.It may change a few opions.By the way.I understand mondays will be Fat Black Pussy Cat as well,Now tell me that's not kool!~!!!!!!

PaulOak how do you know so much about liquid? Are you working for them? You seem to know alot of inside information. And whos this Tom Laroc ? Ive never heard of him before and Im in the nightlife business check out my website www.thisisnightlife.com Ive gone to alot of clubs and never heard of this guy. i wanna know who you guys plan on having as your resident dance dj? And why have boxing if you can do other things like crobar? they have a good monday night and they dont need to do boxing and stuff. I just think the idea of boxing is wack if i wanted to see boxing id go to baha or atlantis (yuckkkk) this is south beach and theyre all about (music,glamour,vip, and people) not boxing and wet t shirt contest.

Thats just an opion from a current Promoter and clubgoer.

I'm good friends with a guy who is close to the management.Tom Laroc is a Hip Hop DJ from New York.His bio will be up in a couple of days on thier web site.check it outI don't exactly know why or if they are going to have boxing anyway.I called my friend and he said they might not have it anyway.We will see. I'm just trying to give out some info on a place that I'm looking forward to partying at.:

What will people say when somebody decides to reopen Twilo?

The name Liquid is legendary with the club scene here in Miami, I think that people will be happy to remember what it was like when the originaly Liquid was the place to be...maybe this club will recindle those memories for some people and start fresh ones for others!