Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hello all! (from Ibiza)

DaVe

As I sit here at an Internet terminal in Ibiza, my trip cannot help but be darkened by all that has happened in NYC. We have been grabbing up UK papers and on cnn.com as often as possible to get as much news as we can. We saw the attack on CNN in an Amsterdam airport terminal just before we boarded a plane to Madrid. All I can say is that it was surreal...it just did not seem real. We bought phone cards upon arrival in Ibiza and called all our friends and family as soon as we landed. Thankfully, all were well. Our prayers go out to all of those who did not make it or who are still wondering. Last night Ibiza observed a moment of silence in rememberance.

Clubplanet.com was down for several days because our Internet connection is based downtown. Our ISP seems to have fixed this now.

My flight plans call for me to return home Sunday, we´ll have to see what happens... I fly Ibiza->Barcelona->Amsterdam->Iceland->JFK. Wish me luck and say a prayer...

My thoughts are with everyone there.

Thanks all...

I made it back with no problems and no delays. JFK was very quiet tonight. Amsterdam security was stepped up -- they made me open my carry-on baggage to look for a pair of tweezers that they thought may be a sharp object.

It is weird to get back. We had no TV in Ibiza, so this is the first coverage I have seen on TV. It is a lot different than reading it in the papers...

Well, I'm still 6 hours ahead, so I'm going to sleep now. I'll try to give a full wrap-up of my trip later this week.

Originally posted by DaVe

Thanks all...

I made it back with no problems and no delays. JFK was very quiet tonight. Amsterdam security was stepped up -- they made me open my carry-on baggage to look for a pair of tweezers that they thought may be a sharp object.

It is weird to get back. We had no TV in Ibiza, so this is the first coverage I have seen on TV. It is a lot different than reading it in the papers...

Well, I'm still 6 hours ahead, so I'm going to sleep now. I'll try to give a full wrap-up of my trip later this week.

glad you made it back safe...hope you had fun