Clubplanet Nightlife Community

F*** the smirnoff pop up window!!!

mimid

pardon my bias, but I work for a website optimization company. "pop up’s" are essential for the survival of most "free"websites. not to mention they help to pay my bills. :) if those dastardly "pop ups" are over bearing; you have several options to reduce or eliminate them:

if your using netscape, you can go to preferences an eliminate java script.

if your using internet explorer you can adjust your proxy settings.

you may also consider using this program to reduce “pop upsâ€

http://www.panicware.com/product_dpps.html

none of these options are a cure all, but they will help in reducing the"pop ups"..

laterz, sobeton

tony, not all of us are "web literate" and don't really care to go through certain extents just so that a popup window won't pop up anymore. if u remove java script capabilities, you won't be able to run java applications. what's the fun in that? a lot of pages these days use scripts throughout their sites.

like i said before, it's not hard at all to put in a cookie code within the html to popup once, twice or how many times u like. the user doesn't have to do a thing to their browser. which is the whole idea. you want your users to do as little as possible so that they enjoy your site. they don't want to have to modify anything on their browsers just so that they can surf a site. just my .02. then again...what do i know? :)

Originally posted by phrankadelic

tony, not all of us are "web literate" and don't really care to go through certain extents just so that a popup window won't pop up anymore. if u remove java script capabilities, you won't be able to run java applications. what's the fun in that? a lot of pages these days use scripts throughout their sites.

like i said before, it's not hard at all to put in a cookie code within the html to popup once, twice or how many times u like. the user doesn't have to do a thing to their browser. which is the whole idea. you want your users to do as little as possible so that they enjoy your site. they don't want to have to modify anything on their browsers just so that they can surf a site. just my .02. then again...what do i know? :)

frank >

again, these are options. yes, eliminating java script in your browser; will make navigating some websites, more difficult. The degree at which the "pop up"appears, is the option of the site owner. "pop ups" imo ,are a rather inconsequential matter. certainly, not worth debating.. as, I’m sure you would agree.. :)peace, tony

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

Furthermore, the contruct works for the image transalater so we will never be able to decode the pop up window matrix.

Well, actually, I have in fact succeeded in reverse engineering the pop up window matrix georgeacasta. It was actually just a matter of recompiling the source code once the polymorphic constructs were deciphered, redirected and consequently decomposed.

Just let me serve myself another glass of this here Smirnoff Vodka ... and I'll finish explaining to you how easy it is to rid yourself of those pesky pop-up windows.

Originally posted by patrickl

Oh I'm not sweating it. :cool: I still think those popups have negatively predisposed me toward Smirnoff vodka, though. hehe

People need to relax........the pop up ad isn't exactly keepin' us up at night.........but I totatlly hear you about the whole negative predisposition! Next time I'm at the liquorstore, and vodkas the question: its SKYY or Stoli all the way!

Originally posted by dieg0

Well, actually, I have in fact succeeded in reverse engineering the pop up window matrix georgeacasta. It was actually just a matter of recompiling the source code once the polymorphic constructs were deciphered, redirected and consequently decomposed.

Just let me serve myself another glass of this here Smirnoff Vodka ... and I'll finish explaining to you how easy it is to rid yourself of those pesky pop-up windows.

I see, if we could somehow get the cyphertext exponential possibilities without having to compute them through finite possibilities we might (burp, burp) be able to modulate the architecture of the (spills his Smirnoff Vodka)......Hold on, I have refill my glass again.

Originally posted by phrankadelic

you must be running a slow ass computer fucyc.gif

Actually what it is......is that sometimes the stupid pop ups either don't load or don't load properly......and they make the whole thing hang up. This actually happens on the Global Underground board much more than this one, so I guess I shouldn't blame Smirnoff for that.