Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how do you rate DT's "back to mine"?

weyes

there's a track i've been looking for for a couple of months that was finally released last week, and i can only find it at satellite records. i've moved to l.a., though and have to order it via internet, so they're making me buy $25 worth of stuff. my turntable blows, so i only wanna buy a cd, and they don't have much to offer.

SO, how is danny tenaglia's "back to mine," for a trancehead who likes a little house now and then (i.e. paul johnson, david hollands, dj heaven, i'm blanking at the moment... but i like remixes of pop shit, soulful house, hard house, lots of house, i guess. damn, i'm not being helpful.)? i've never even been to vinyl, never seen the man in action, and my damn computer won't let me listen to real audio clips (throw some pity my way; i'm having all kinds of trauma right now.).

ANYcrap, how is "back to mine"? worth buying or not?

thanks so much for your help and patience, and it's great to be back (i finally got a computer in my house, so you'll see more of me, for those of you who don't know me!)!

you have to understand that the "back to mine" series concentrate on down tempo chill aafter after after hours kind of music.

i like, not my favorite back to mine, but it does have that new york feel, in a chill way. dt's own "loft in paradise is on the cd, a unreleased track, that track alone makes the cd worth it.

expect a classic house, discoesqe and some vocals trip.

thanks so much your your reply!

your recommendation and that of a friend of mine have convinced me to go on ahead with my order; besides, dt's gonna be out here on halloween and it'd be great to get to make his acquaintance first.

now i just have to wait for the satellite website to get back up...

:mad:

this is a definite classic. at a first listen, it doesnt ring a bell, but if you listen to it a little bit more, you begin to understand it, beautiful set, expertly crafted, you feel like lying on a bed made of feathers, the sound is so eclectic. definitely get it, and also get Nick Warren BTM, another wonderful album.

its mostly samba music. if you like samba, it is a great mix from one of the worlds top DJs. if u dont like samba, its not worth getting!

fans of DT who dont like samba music really hate his "back to mine." DT does *not* (usually) play these kinds of tunes at vinyl.

.. please don't hold it to me

but I thought DT himself said the tracks on the album, are tracks he enjoys listening to on his way home from the club, hence "Back To Mine"

Its a very very very soft lounge type feel music, put it this way, its professional sounding and quality music on the cd.