Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what did everyone do this weekend?

We had a fundraiser at La Nouvelle Justine on Saturday. Although we didn't make our goal, we were still able to raise $2,000 that's being donated to the American Red Cross. We had many DJs and performers that donated their time and all of the proceeds from the door went into the donation. People seemed to be having a good time as well, especially with the "pin the American flag on Bin Laden" game up on stage. Around 2am we had a moment of silence for the victims. Was pretty eerie as well as emotional being in a packed club that was completely quiet for a couple minutes. All in all, I think a pretty positive message was made at this event that nothing will keep us down, and NYC clubbers are a vital part of this community and we'll help in whatever way we can.

I sat around most of the weekend, went out to a bar last night to meet some friends but just wasn't feeling it. I'm going to get some studying done today, hopefully I can focus my mind on my classes. It's good to hear about all the clubs offering their space for fundraisers and whatnot. Seems like everyone has changed their ways to make it easier for the victims of this disaster. Everyone except the minority of the population who untastefully decided to try and benefit during this time of mounring. You know, the people who are taking supplies for themselves, running false info sites, hacking other websites, spreading false info. They will be put in their place.....

i hung out at my friends house for most of the weekend, last night we went out to metro just so we could be around people and get out of the house and not watch the news 24/7 but left after 20 minutes because we felt so guilty being out.

i know that everyone has their own way of dealing with things but my friends and i just couldn't get over how many people were getting wasted and fucked up and dancing around like it was a normal saturday night. to each his own i guess..who am i to judge.

Well

Friday, refer to my post below...

Last night I went back to SoHo again and chilled at my old lounge where I lived above, again. Like family I haven't seen in awhile.

It was nice last night, very tranquil... sat in the dark lounge, drank, puffed a joint.

Went over to Recess, chilled there, checked up on some people... bumped into Covetoys, talked to him for a few, and that's that.

:)

Originally posted by nycchic24

I went back to Boston. Almost every single time i return, its for a birthday or celebration, but today I attended a wake and will be attending a memorial mass for a childhood friend that was lost on flight 175 of the hijacked planes.

Chic

You have my deepest condolences :(

Im sorry hon.

-Steve

On Friday I met a friend for Corona and chicken wings at our neighborhood bar. The first place I ever went for a drink when I move to the NY area. My mom was with me and we had a great time! :)

On Saturday I had to work in our Parsippany office. All of the people who worked in the WFC that live in NJ were going to start using that office today.:(

On Sunday, I cleaned house..... I woke up and realized that I had been living like a piggy! So, I scrubbed the place clean, did laundry, and ran errands. At around 4:00 p.m. two people that I had worked with before came by the house and we went out and chilled together. It was nice to see them both. We had not had contact in a while. I am in Long Island today and I am going to one of their homes tonight. They live sooo close to our LI office.

In between everything else, I played the infamous glitter ball game with my two baby kitties.....

friday night i chilled with my bf and my friends at some kids house... we all just sat around and talked about the terrorists and shit like that... i worked sat night <bartender> and then sunday i went to great adventure with my hunny ;)hehe.. it was so beautiful out too so it was a perfect day to go and to help take our minds off the whole tragedy thing... so..i had a pretty good weekend... :cool: