Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*+*+My ThOuGhts On The CiTY 2 DAY*+*+

Ok so Me and Mike (Msoprano) went to Manhattan today to just get a feel of what everything was like. We got off the subway at Canal St and tried to get as far up to the WTC as we could. That was as far as we could get. We still were able to see smoke not to much though. As we continued to walk down Canal we saw a toe truck with an incinerated burnt up firetruck come down the street. The whole street basically went crazy taking pictures so did we. It was definitely a horrible sight and the thing that really got me was that people were actually going up and taking pieces of the burnt truck. I couldn't believe it. At first a cop tried to stop this one guy but then alot of people started to do it and the cops just stood and watched. Now i don't know about anyone else but I couldn't bring myself to take a piece of it knowing that people could have died in there it really disturbed me and i thought these people were real assholes for doing it. Yes alot of people are trying to make money off of this tragedy selling pics and what not of the towers burning.We did buy one not that we should have. So after that we went to Union Square Park where there is teh most Beautiful memorial set up**It was so beautiful that u i actually couldn't help but to smile. Hundreds of people gathered alot of young people our age of every race, religion, ethnicity just looking at all the pictures of those missing and leaving candles signing the banners etc. It truly gave me such a good feeling. And alot of messages i was reading there was for world Peace. anyways thanks 4 listening 2 me. I'm happy i went there today. I feel i had to leave a candle burning in all the lost peoples memory. It could have been anyone of us that this happened to and i am so sad like everyone else and still really can't believe it*xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Originally posted by gothzane

New York has the best and worst of everything.

:flame:

agreed with that...at least its diverse!

about union square - a lot of you have been there i know. it really is a wonderful feeling there right now. very sad yet full of hope and togetherness.

That really sounds pretty morbid, I've never understood

why people would want pieces of a tragedy or even stuff like

pieces of the berlin wall. To me it just doesn't make a

lot of sense. As for selling pictures and flags and stuff I

can't really knpock people for that, I mean we all have to make

a living somehow and obviosly some people are interested in buying it.

RIP to everyone who didn't make it out...