Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Burridge, Van M, Atkins, Ty T, Odessa

Kuro

Has anybody been to 930 before?

A few buds went to check out Fat Boy Slim and Cystal Meth when they were recently here and told the place is tiny and gets pretty packed & you cant really move.

$35 bucks plus ticketbastard fees is pretty hefty. I mean I would pay it for the line-up but 930 isnt Vinyl or SF or anything like that and this aint NY

:grin2:

Originally posted by vicman

Has anybody been to 930 before?

A few buds went to check out Fat Boy Slim and Cystal Meth when they were recently here and told the place is tiny and gets pretty packed & you cant really move.

$35 bucks plus ticketbastard fees is pretty hefty. I mean I would pay it for the line-up but 930 isnt Vinyl or SF or anything like that and this aint NY

:grin2:

I can't imagine it being as packed for Van M/Burridge/Atkins. Fat Boy Slim gets radio play. If I had to guess, I'd say FBS would attract a bigger crowd just cause more people have heard of him. Just a guess, tho.

I've been to 930 before. Too embarassing to say for what show, though :tongue: Not too big, but not tiny like 5. Although can't really remember, to tell you the truth. I did hear somewhere from people that went to see DD at 9:30 that the soundsystem kinda sucked there cause of the concert venue setup. But hopefully they'll have that sorted out.

$35 IS pretty hefty. Damn, I thought it was $25. For that price, there better be free beans at the door! But it's understandable, I guess. That trio probably costs a pretty penny to book.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I can't imagine it being as packed for Van M/Burridge/Atkins. Fat Boy Slim gets radio play. If I had to guess, I'd say FBS would attract a bigger crowd just cause more people have heard of him. Just a guess, tho.

I've been to 930 before. Too embarassing to say for what show, though :tongue: Not too big, but not tiny like 5. Although can't really remember, to tell you the truth. I did hear somewhere from people that went to see DD at 9:30 that the soundsystem kinda sucked there cause of the concert venue setup. But hopefully they'll have that sorted out.

$35 IS pretty hefty. Damn, I thought it was $25. For that price, there better be free beans at the door! But it's understandable, I guess. That trio probably costs a pretty penny to book.

hmmm do i hear negativity in your voice about this...the last party i went to like i said once before was freaking expensive and no "free" beans btw :D it wasnt worth it ,shit maybe the drum and bass room there but thats equivalent to what 10 bones a head at konkrete jungle nyc...and i paid 25...for crap..ok maybe i should have checked the dj line up but still there were some decent djs there and it was still um the stuff that comes outta my ass...i hope im not "offending" anyone but hey if the party sucked it sucked...but shady even ur a little pessimistic on this..eh..can i be proved right?..just writing to pass this gloomy morning away heh :blank:

my five cents

:bounce:

cd

it IS $25 if you buy em at the box office. . .don't they have a will call box on the night of? that way you can avoid ticketmaster fees. i really wanna go to this one (juan atkins is my hero), but right now, i've got no flow. . . does anyone want to sponsor a poor college girl in DC? At only $100 dollars a month, you will help feed her, send her to school, and enrich her life with mind-altering musical experiences . . .

i'm def considering heading to this show...should be a lot of fun...it'll be weird tho, i'm used to seeing bands at 9:30...

ahh, i remember my first show there when it was still radio music hall, the mighty mighty bosstones, one hell of a performance...

now they suck.. :(

I would definitely be going to this party if I wasn't 3 hrs away and didn't have so much school work to do.....my friend's and I have been yearning for another party @ the 930 club since we saw Deep Dish & Morel there....

I love the 930.....I personally think it's a great, cozy, intimate venue. Yes, the soundsystem wasn't that great that nite for DD but maybe they'll be bringing more sound in for this Sat. nite???

I especially loved it bc the ppl that were there were there for DD and to dance the nite away......it wass awesome watching from the 2nd level EVERYONE happily grooving away to the music.

I'd recommend getting there before midnite to check out the place and get a feel for it before everyone piles in.....plus this isn't a "typical club" meaning that the true fans typically go there for whatever show or party is going on.......

Dammit I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun everyone and please post reviews for this Hampton girl!!!!!!!

:bounce:

-YG