Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For the dark souls...

VICE & VIRTUE is back on tonight down at La Nouvelle Justine (101 E 2nd St, corner of 1st Ave).

I'll be spinning dark hard house, hard nrg/trance, industrial and ebm from 11:30pm to 4am, and I'll also be playing my new acid remix of Tumor's "Come to Daddy" that I just finished a couple days ago. It's only $5 after 11pm to get in and it's 21+, so stop by if you get a chance and say hi. I'll be the guy that looks like the Undertaker wearing headphones.

I use DRÄCOS as my DJ name when I spin down at Justines. I use that alias more for my industrial stuff.

When I play strictly hard house, trance and breaks, I use SINAPTIK as my alias.

And when I spin gabber/hardcore I use VON STRECKER as my DJ name.

I also produce under all of these aliases, plus I have a couple of other names that I use for my different metal projects. Basically, I love industrial, metal and electronica and making my own music under these genres as well as DJing. I use the different aliases so people know what kind of music to expect when they hear the name.

Also, an update on Justines tonight, I'll probably only spin for a couple of hours since they just phoned up and said they can't afford to pay me tonight. They said business has been slow since the attack, so I'll probably come down and just spin a two or three hour set for shits and giggles since I want to play my new remix for an audience.

Thanks for the input. Check out the Dräcos stuff if you get a chance. I just uploaded a new remix to that page today of Tumor's "Come to Daddy". Acid riffs and hard beats. Actually, most of the stuff on the Dräcos page is acid riffs and hard beat remixes since I haven't finished any of my original tracks to put up there yet.

After eight years of DJing, I'm not sure I have a career that's budding at all, though. No one wants to hire a DJ that looks like the Undertaker, I guess. They used to assume that all I played was goth shit when I lived up in Boston after they took one look at me, even though my sets were all breakbeats back then. It's kinda why I started spinning industrial after a while since those were the only clubs that would hire me. I dunno, we'll see how it goes. I just had one of my Von Strecker tracks released on a comp disc by this British label last week, so maybe that's a sign that shit might actually be picking up.