Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deep Dish reviews!!!

mimid

That bad, huh, Tony?

I didn't go, but I've never had a problem at Space(been hassled a few times about wearing jeans but eventually got in). Friday night, I went to Space and did not spend a dime. My ex works there and hooked it up BIGTIME for me and two of my friends.....A friend of mine from high school, Albert, works at the door and he's always been cool to me and to other people(that I have seen).......Friday night I got in the DJ booth and hooked up Edgar with my two CD's, Transcendental and my new one Disconnected......

and as far as the patio.........Ivano Bellini owns the after hours outside......good to feel the sun come up on that sort of house vibe and people.......

Originally posted by bbflux

I think your view is biased b/c of the company!!! LOL I know what's up, girl!!!! :laugh::tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

You caught me Barbie, Yes, yes, I will admit, the company had alot to do with my having a load of fun, but I still say DD did a good job!!!! :D:heart:

Originally posted by staceyg5

tony> thats why i keep telling you its more fun to sleep in on saturday eve and head to space on sunday morning around 6/7ish...

you skip all the bullshit; plus you can dress comfy :)

cant hang w/ the big boys?

you know tony can hang .. :) just say when...

peace, tony

I really enjoyed Oscar's set! He had it pumpin' solid till DD came on. I have to agree that DD took their time in getting back up to that intensity, and by the time it seemed like it was coming, I was too tired to experience it!

I had a great time though. SOrry I wasn't able to make the meetup...Damn women...we didn't get there till 2:00. I was glad the price wasn't jacked up after midnight...especially on a night such as this!

Peace,

FX

music wise-deepdish should be ashamed of themselves or at least sharam...

I beg to differ...

1st-whats the deal with not opening the blue room until 1am? i felt like we were a herd of cattle in the red room.

2nd-sharam didnt go on until 2am-wtf? i wouldnt have gotten there so early.

Umm... isn't that how things normally work? (Also part of why life is generally cheaper prior to 12 b/c most people show up around 2 and the like, when the headliners are coming on.) I banked /on/ Deep Dish starting around 2:00 or so, which is why I showed at 2:30. Yes, DT starts early, but few others attempt 14+ hour sets the way he does.

3rd-i know they always start their sets off slow and work their way up but to earse what the prior dj did makes absoulety no sense to me. example howells & deepdish for conference. howells had the crowd going and deepdish came in and started over. personally, i think it destroys the vibe...

Should flow, yes. It's a shame if the headliners have to erase what's been dropped prior to their arrival. I was there, however, to see Deep Dish. I want to hear what they're dropping. They shouldn't be trapped into a vibe that they're not into, nor should they be pushed in a direction they don't want to go. My journey is with them (or, in our case, him).

4th-what was with the track selection? extremely weak set and sounded like one long continuous track. not what i expected since it was their cd release party.

Yeah. What's with the track selection? It was NICE! And yes, it did flow, almost like one song... that got better the entire damn night long. (Loved the close, for instance. Stood there with little more than a smile on my face as people chanted "Sharam" over and over again.)

finally around 5:30/6 i gave up on trying to figure out what direction the set was headed. got so annoyed that i left to go onto the patio; hence where i stayed til 10ish.

Pah. At best, I'll give you being too "distracted" to pay attention to the music. I certainly had trouble talking to you through the back of <omitted's> head. *duck*

Rene'

Originally posted by rene_martinez

I beg to differ...

Umm... isn't that how things normally work? (Also part of why life is generally cheaper prior to 12 b/c most people show up around 2 and the like, when the headliners are coming on.) I banked /on/ Deep Dish starting around 2:00 or so, which is why I showed at 2:30. Yes, DT starts early, but few others attempt 14+ hour sets the way he does.

Yeah. What's with the track selection? It was NICE! And yes, it did flow, almost like one song... that got better the entire damn night long. (Loved the close, for instance. Stood there with little more than a smile on my face as people chanted "Sharam" over and over again.)

Pah. At best, I'll give you being too "distracted" to pay attention to the music. I certainly had trouble talking to you through the back of <omitted's> head. *duck*

Rene'

your're entitled to your opinion BUT then again you liked their july 4th set... bang bang bang ring a bell?--oops i mean horn.

didnt think they would go on that late. i heard it was an extended set but they said the same for digweed. now i know...

again, your opinion, my review. i've heard better from them/sharam.

duck your ass is right...rene, honestly, do you think guys in pleather pants, tight ass shirts, and tinted sunglasses do it for me? i wouldnt touch the vast majority of the males in there (you know that) so please retract that comment.

duck your ass is right...rene, honestly, do you think guys in pleather pants, tight ass shirts, and tinted sunglasses do it for me? i wouldnt touch the vast majority of the males in there (you know that) so please retract that comment.

I feel funny now, because except for the sunglasses, it was exactly what I was wearing that night!

And i'm not <omitted> so everyone cool their jets :)

DD's set had it's moments, but I've heard better. Overall I had a fun night though, so I've let Sharam off the hook. I can't wait for Tiësto and the rest of the October lineup, though!

rene, honestly, do you think guys in pleather pants, tight ass shirts, and tinted sunglasses do it for me.

damn, now I have to return my outfit. :) what do I have to do, in order to get your attention ?? Lol I think rene is feeling a bit jilted..

PLEATHER PANTS, AND A TIGHT ASS SHIRT!

And you wonder why you have trouble getting in the door? *LOL* "dance, bitch, dance..........."

My feelin' on leather pants- unless you're in a motorcylce gang, or a rock star............probably not appropriate! However, thats just style points...........then again what the f@%k do i know!!!! *LOL*

To each his own, right?

***********i'm feelin' snotty tonight!

Originally posted by joeygk

PLEATHER PANTS, AND A TIGHT ASS SHIRT!

And you wonder why you have trouble getting in the door? *LOL* "dance, bitch, dance..........."

My feelin' on leather pants- unless you're in a motorcylce gang, or a rock star............probably not appropriate! However, thats just style points...........then again what the f@%k do i know!!!! *LOL*

To each his own, right?

***********i'm feelin' snotty tonight!

Lol don’t hate the playas, hate the game… :)

peace, sobeton