Clubplanet Nightlife Community

history sucks

echostar

i used to feel the same way but im taking an amerian history class that is from 1945-to the present. and all i gotta say is wow....history sure does repeat it self and many of the speeches given now are almost identical to the speeches that were being given back during the cold war. my teacher just tells us to substitue the word communist for the word terrorist and there you have it.............

some history is really interesting...but the history class i had last year was like 1400 to 1700 or some shit like that and the teacher was the worst so i hated every minute of the class, but i think recent history from like 1900 till the present is really cool.

peace out

gianni

Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it... :)

I guess history classes are most interesting when there are major events that are (or can be) related to them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Middle Eastern history classes across the nation are filling up. There's probably great interest in learning about Islam as well.

I agree with ya, homer...

It really does matter what class you're taking and with the right professor...

I took this history class called urban nights , was the coolest class. We'd discuss all the nightlife that took place and naughtiness from the english victorian era (oscar wilde) to the beatnics and rave culture.

Plus, the professor was a self-proclaimed commie, who made a living driving 18 wheelers cross sountry.

So don't despair... find the connections between historical events and how they effect you today. We're making history right now, baby!

:book: reading is FUNdaMenTaL

I love history. You can't understand where we are, how we got here and the most recent tragic events without understanding it. More importantly you couldn't figure out how to solve the complex issues that our country and the world is faced with today without first understanding history and our place and involvement in it.

History tells a story, the key is having a cool professor to teach it to you. I totally agree if the professor sucks the class will to.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by trancend

i think thats the problem...my teacher bores me

I dont' know how far you are in the business classes but soon you will see references to all kinds of shit, like the depression, the walk with the big stick campaign, voodo ecomonics (pres Reagan if ya didn't know), the longest peace time expanison occured directly after the gulf war, the lend lease program with chruchill, and shit like that, history is important, plus I'm probaly a little older then you but when your at a wedding or a family BBQ and a discussion comes up about something you don't want to look like an idiot. or a job interview, trust me you will need it...I didn't see it at first but now since I graduated I do....